Titan Cement Off question

Anyone have any advice on using this product? I have heard good things about it. I watched a video posted by Titan Laboratories on how to use it.

I have a customer that is almost finished building their home. I don’t do CCU work anymore, but I told them I would try and take the cement splatter off the back windows. The builder has a crew that will do the remaining CCU work.

Thanks for the advice!

I ask because the video is over 4 years old. Sometimes companies change formulas over time. I didn’t know if I should take extra precautions. Maybe use blue painters tape over the frame of the window. I don’t want to mess anything up.
Or just roll with the current instructions

Hey Chad yea the painters tape isn’t a bad idea. Work slow! And watch where you drip.

Thanks Chris! I was surprised no one responded to my post.

1 Like

Used it once with happy results.

Several dime to half dollar size spots and lots of splatter.

Apply as directed
Dwell time (more than expected)
6 inch razor
repeat.

Had one window which was the main issue. Memory says worked on it for 1-2 hours but got plenty more done during dwell time

Sorry I didn’t get to you sooner! Just getting back from Branson…

Thank you!

No problem. Thank you for responding.

I don’t do construction cleans anymore, but I have used that product many years ago. If nothing has changed I remember dwell time to be key. Like Dave said, more than expected.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Thanks Seth

Probably a great product. The active ingredient is likely the 20% acetic acid. From what I remember I had developed a grassroots test to see what acid would eat up concrete but not touch aluminum frames or glass. If my memory is OK I discovered acetic and nitric. Of course nitric is rather regulated since people use it to make nitroglycerin and other compounds that explode. Acetic can be obtained at a higher concentration. I had a fifty percent bottle once. Only problem with that stuff is it stinks real bad. Concrete removal is best to do with a brush. Gently so as not to scratch. Trick is too if you can get it within a couple days it just about falls off the glass. But what contractor knows that. And especially glass can be protected with a brush on coating like WinDOcoat. Which I will be demonstrating at the 84 Diner GS Products Meet.

Henry

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing Henry. I am going there on Fri to take the concrete off. I think it has been on the 2 windows less than 2 weeks. I went look at it yesterday. The Titan cement off came in yesterday evening. I will keep everyone posted on the results.

Cement Off worked really well. The concrete came off easily after letting it dwell on the glass.

3 Likes

Good to know! Looking to use mines on one of the jobs this month, but hopefully I don’t! :sunglasses: