Tlc

Today was TLC day for the vehicle.

• Air filter change
  • Oil change and filter
  • Transmission fluid change
  • Washed
  • Vacuumed
  • Upholstery cleaned

211,048 miles and running strong. Hope to get up to another 50,000 miles before I have to replace her. Maybe sooner if a good deal comes along?

6 Likes

Those Astros will run forever!

2 Likes

I know. This is my second one. It is great - well loading the ladders up top, not so much…lol

We have astros too!!! Soo good!

1 Like

Good Doggy. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I got this one a year ago. I had to replace my F150 and wanted to switch to a van and this ran across my path. It only had 68,000 Mike’s on it when I bought it. It now has 120,000.

I got a brand new engine put in it for free!!! I expect it to last a while. The hardest part I’d I love the van so I hate to dedicate it 100% as a work vehicle lol. I need to just take out both back seats but I can’t bring myself to do it. I have the third seat out but I can’t bring myself to take out the second one. Aside from wanting extra seats for my kids I like to sometimes use it to take a power nap on those days where I have to start at 3 or 4 am and work all day.

I built a deck and slide my stack ladder under it and under the second rear seat and that leaves the rest of the back for equipment.

3 Likes

They are a great midsize van. I did the same with the back of mine. I took the third row seat out and store that, but keep the 2nd row seat in. I built a deck for the back cargo and can stuff a couple ladders, a stool, and the rest of my equipment goes on the top of the deck.
back

2 Likes

I would post a pick of my deck but it’s a bit of a mess right now. lol. I’ve been going since October. Should slow down in February as far as demand goes. Of course then the pressures on to create demand. I’ll try to get a pick though.

2 Likes

I’ve modified mine since that pic. The new one has a PVC frame with 1/2 plywood screwed on top. Lighter and easier to take out and put in. I slide underneath a 6 foot A-frame, a 3 step stool, my Unger Stingray, Pivot Tool, tool box, vacuum. The deck holds all other needed accessories including Unger Hydropower, screen washer, etc.

2 Likes

Good onya mate. DIY maintenance is good if you’ve got the time to do it. I find it quite relaxing taking a few hours to look after my baby’s, couple bikes and a van.

1 Like

Love my Astro. I have tried a bunch of tool setup combinations in the Astro van. this is the best yet. I however do mostly tint so need room for a 72” film handler and boxes of film.

2 Likes