Tony/ Mistersqueegee and Sponges

I’m sure you’re right. Larry’s special. What would we do without Larry?

PS
Maybe I’ll buy a shamwow.

It sure was!

[SIZE=“4”][COLOR=“navy”]SO LETS GET BACK ON POINT…[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Your welcome Mike, and thank you for your positive comments, in this post above.

As you said I also cut my teeth on sponges, and I really love them because they do a great job ! Even though I’m always open to new direction in this industry, my bag of tricks is over flowing with technique I’ve garnered from all sorts of cleaners From bucket Bob’s to the “SON OF ETTORE”!

I’ll continue to update here on this thread about the progress of that there FUNKY Aqua towel. As for right now he’s made it to the first base camp on the climb up the mountain of the “SONS OF ETTORE” !

[COLOR=“navy”][SIZE=“2”]PVA CLIMBING MT. “SONS OF ETTORE”…[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=“navy”] [SIZE=“2”][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Now mind you Mike-Ski , Mr.PVA just might get altitude sickness before it reaches the summit of THE “SONS OF ETTORE” or get weathered in and must retreat back to the base camp ! But only time and EXPERIENCE WILL TELL… !

So I’ll Keep yawl posted here if it does reach the HI-SUMMIT of “THE SONS OF ETTORE”
As it stands right he’s made it to the base camp !

Again Mike thanks for your interest (which is a mark embedded in you as a "SON OF ETTORE) and respect here and your willingness to be ADVANCED in your endeavors to move ahead as a window cleaner !

Dange / With open RANGE

Actually Mike, when I first started and was doing mostly storefront I used a sea sponge to clean up the sills. So having used both a sponge and the PVA towel I recommend the PVA towel.

Tony,
That’s good to know. When you switched to a PVA towel what did you like most about the new method? Is there anything you miss about a sea sponge now that it’s not in your arsenal of tools?

I will use a sea sponge when cleaning up extremely moldy sills when we get a job that requires s deep sill cleaning. Other than that I prefer the PVA towel because it can absorb a ton of water and be wrung out just like the sponge. The towel though can be hung on my tool belt and keeps my hands out of the water which is easier on them. Plus w/ my using a bottle instead of carrying a bucket around I can clean up the PVA towel much easier than the sponge.

Tony,
I like to carry my solution in a bottle on my belt as well. I carry my sponge in a pouch on my belt as well. Sometimes it goes in the bucket to rinse it clean or squeeze water out of it when I’m inside. I use it on my route to wash small panes on some of the doors and filthy window ledges as well.

Some people say “If it aint broke don’t fix it.”

On the other hand I usually say “There is always room for some improvement.”

There’s also “You never know if you don’t try” :slight_smile:

Just looking for some clarification here…

Can someone, maybe Dange or Tony put a link to exactly what they are talking about when they say “PVA towel” (maybe a link for the one you actually use).

I am open to anything that makes the job go faster. Typically how I have been cleaning the sills on storefronts is to use an old squeegee first and squeegee the sill and then use a sea sponge on the sill. What has been your process with this PVA towel?

Here’s a link - Aquadry care cleaning towel, pva chamois towel, synthesize deerskin towel products, buy Aquadry care cleaning towel, pva chamois towel, synthesize deerskin towel products from alibaba.com
I got mine from Wal-Mart.

He/Who Sees Clearly…

I’m a SPONGE-MAN and I’ve always loved my sea-sponges but I’m checking out this funky towel and boy it really soaks the water.I was using it in every way that a sponge works, it just going to take a little muscle memory before I get coordinated with it. With it I’m feeling pretty, pretty, pretty confident with it’s ability to reach higher standards. We will have to wait and see if it goes flat before it reaches an apex…

Anyway heres a youtube that seems quite impressive…And a few other links I found!

1-
//youtu.be/isXIZaDFW8o

2-
//youtu.be/HRpgxgNkzWU

3- Products › Aqua Dry Towel | Finish First Polish

4- Amazon.com: Frogg Toggs Original Sammy Aqua Towel Color: Purple (64): Sports & Outdoors

5- Aqua dry pva drying cloth - Shop sales, stores & prices at TheFind.com

6- A Pva Sponge now this might be even better…anyone knows this language !http://www.sableline.se/kataloger/stad-och-miljo/devlon-pva-system-block

Clear-Man…I bought mine at Wal-Mart also, I like WalMart…

[B][SIZE=“4”][COLOR=“#4b0082”]WALMART, WALMART, WALMART,

PVA, PVA, PVA,

WALMART, WALMART, WALMART

IST AND 10 DO IT AT WALMART…OH YEAH

[SIZE=“4”][COLOR=“teal”]GO GREEN BAY / The Wisconnie ICE-MEN…[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

DANGEROUS DAVE

Dave, do you find yourself still using a squeegee on the sills and then the aqua dry or doing it with just the aqua dry?

Clear/Chioce…

You know I’ve never ever ever used a squeegee to clear off a ledge. I’d have a squeegee in one hand a a sponge in the other.

The sponge worked the edge of the glass to clear away excess water to help with snaking and provides for less detailing.

Also if some matter wasn’t scrubbed off I could hit with my sponge instead of pulling out my swab.

I wiped my squeegee with it to dry it off.

I would clean ledges and tracks with it !

4 main tools for a window cleaner, WATER, SWAB or BRUSH a SQUEEGEE and probably the most versatile tool is the SPONGE !

This funky aquadry thinga-ma-jig has almost done all these. I’ll have to wait and see if it will out preform the old stand by,the SEA-SPONGE (MY FRIEND)…

Your Friend The Dangerous -ONE

I do love the sea sponge as well. Most of my storefronts all have decent deep ledges. I have been using a small 6" Ettore Squeegee with some old rubber in it. I hit all the ledges with this and then take my sea sponge and tidy it all up. Works well and makes the customers happy which makes me happy :slight_smile:

Hey Dangerous,
Do you think it’s possible that guys are kicking the old tried and true sea sponge to the curb before they even know how a professional window cleaner uses a sea sponge?
There are ticks to the trade, ya know what I mean.

I see your point, and if it is working for you then all the power to you !

Dange

AWE…The TRIED AND the TRUE, yes I must agree with you, many aren’t well acquainted with all the bennies of the natural SEA-SPONGE and before they learn the basics they just throw it to the side, but my life with the sponge is probably my most important tool ! REALLY ! Without one I’m at a stand still even though it is possible for me to finish A window without one MIKE ! If I drop a sponge from a ladder I’m well rounded enough to finish the window, I have many tricks in my bag of tricks !

That’s why I’m really putting the PVA thingy to the TRIED AND TRUE TEST ! Remeber when before the strip washer came out all the cleaners used Boar hair brushes. When the strip washer came out most cleaners mocked it and p-p-ed on it. Today it is the standard of the industry.

Thanks for bringing up the phrase TRIED AND THE TRUE because it does mean everything that is goodly proven ! I’m still in froggy water with this PvA thinga-ka-bob We Will have to wait and see if it will rise to the APEX of " MT. SONS OF ETTORE "! I must say it’s on track !

DAVE