Trailer or Topper for truck?

Need to upgrade my business vehicle/storage. Going back and forth if I get a topper for my truck or a 6 x 12 trailer and get it lettered. The trailer would be a rolling billboard but more than twice the cost. Anyone else faced with this decision?

Do you do other work besides window cleaning? Can’t see a need for a trailer if it’s just window cleaning.
I have a Tacoma with a topper with compartments on each side of it as well as a Decked drawer system in the bed. Window cleaning only.

1 Like

Just window cleaning so far. Might get into power washing or gutters. Windows has kept me plenty busy as it’s a part time gig. Thanks for the reply

Do you like your decked system? I’ve been looking at that as well.

yes, like it a lot. Totally waterproof too so
it can be used without a topper and stuff stays dry.

1 Like

Trailers are an absolute pain in the neck. Don’t upgrade to one unless you really have the need for it. Keeping your setup compact and streamlined will make every day easier.

1 Like

We’ve been using camper shells for the last 10 years , love them . We only do windows

2 Likes

The streamline answer is the best. I have a pressure washer that I transport on a rack that goes into my receiver hitch. I have a bed cover with all window cleaning stuff in the bed. When I’m fully loaded with the pressure washer and extension ladder on top it’s just too much to deal with. This is my first season and I’m already thinking about hanging it up with the pressure washer. If I can get enough window work that’s where I want to be. Streamline and light. All day today I thought about how nice a trailer would be, then you start thinking about backing into multiple driveways per day or leaving it parked in the road (not ideal). Good topic!

The trailer is only good if you’re really all in with the power washing and doing it proper.
If it’s just an add on that you hardly do and may not even advertise, no need for the trailer.

I’ve got the window cleaning van and I’ve got the power wash truck and trailer.