Trolley or Bucket: which is better for a shop run (& why)

Hi everyone,

I do traditional window cleaning for a shop run I have which has about 190 clients

Some window cleaners swear by using a trolley, others hate them.

I’d like to hear the advice of window cleaners doing shop runs on how they organise to carry their gear around when there on the job.

Do you carry a bucket of water and tools, or do you have a trolley system? and more importantly, why have you chosen your current method?

Thanks, I look forward to hearing your feedback and the conversations that follow

Kevin Galea, SqueegeeMEclean

If they’re small stops I’d use water bottles. If they’re bigger then maybe a trolley. Harbor freight has a red welding that will fit a standard bucket really well. It has large wheels which makes it easy to move over curbs.

1 Like

We have a bladder tank on wheels. You just fill the water boy with pure water about 15 gallons and it is pressurized with ball valve. Works great on store fronts. We also have a tool belt strapped to it with trad tools. We also sale this unit which will carry 20 gallons and has a pump control and rechargeable battery. Water Fed Window Cleaning Pure Water Systems - DI, RO/DI, and more – WindowCleaner.com

1 Like

Hi Jared,

Thanks for posting. Mind if I ask what were the problems were you attempting to solve by using a trolley system to carry your bucket and gear around while you do your run?

Hi John,

Thanks for you post. I checked out the link. am I right to assume it’s battery powered?

So you use pure water to clean the external facade of your store fronts… what do you do for internal store front’s and / or shopping center work?

Cheers

I bet he’ll say he uses this, https://shopwindowcleaningresource.com/unger-speedclean-window-kit.html

The problem I was trying to solve was downtown Durango Colorado during tourist season. Parking is impossible and route work is a stone bear during peak tourist.

Been using this for about 6 years and sill do. https://youtu.be/IiPSaX1m7z4

1 Like

Here is my recent change from just a bucket with casters.

Its been a good mobile setup to get me better organized.

Ive taken all the stickers off now of course :slight_smile:

Yes the fillngo is battery powered. Easy to recharge and comes with battery. For insides we use the speed clean kit.

We don’t do route work, however all of our residential window cleaning is performed using 1 gallon jugs with pre-mix solution. We simply poor solution into hip Bucket, dip mop and go. Eliminating dirty water bucket and less water use.

1 Like

Thats a good idea. Thanks for sharing

160 lbs worth of capacity for a mobile unit

tbh looks overpriced and very cumbersome

yikes

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your comments, I’ve been away for a while, sorry for not posting sooner.

I know that back injuries are one thing that I’ve had to watch out for in my time window cleaning

It inspires me down a path to create a product that would reduce long-term back injuries for Window Cleaners, especially those doing store runs.

At present, I’m researching the idea to see if it’s marketable

I’m reaching out to see if anyone can help me with my research. The link has more information http://www.lp1.smclean.me

Cheers

I used to carry a 3/4 full 10L bucket around for years, these days I only carry around a 500ml squirt bottle with solution on my belt on the other side I have my boab (which is not used to carry water, just to catch water), this is mainly for residential and commercial as I do not do store front.
I rinse out my washer when necessary with clean water for a large commercial job I will have a bucket of water that will need to be moved the alternative is to find a cleaners closet every time my washer gets dirty which would not be efficient.

Same for me and I did lots of store fronts. Leaving the bucket in the truck and using a bottle on the belt will save your back. Also take up yoga and learn to do stretching for your back.