Turbo Tax

I’m contemplating getting Turbo Tax this year so I don’t have to pay out several hundred dollars to have someone else prepare my return. I saw Staples has the edition for self employed folks and it includes one free e-file return. It also will take care of state taxes and the forms like 1099 and W-2.
Has anyone else used this software and did it meet your needs?

how much do you pay your accoutant Tony?

I use a bookkeeper and they only charge me $125.00

ive been using turbotax on the web for many years now with great results.

I let my book keeper and accountant handle all that for me. This year more than ever is important to maybe have an accountant do your business tax returns.

Example: My accountant called me in for an unscheduled meeting with me earlier this month. He said now more than ever its important to be real careful with every cent, you have come tax time due to the state of the economy. Hes actually already started working on our books for tax time, because he wants to protect every possible dollar from being excessively taxed.

So if you havent sprung for an accountant to due your taxes before, this may be a good year to consider it.

Tony I believe the salesman uses turbo tax, you may want to hit him up.

I quit using Turbo Tax when I went to a CPA and they combed through the 3 previous years and found that T.T. hadn’t given me all the deductions that I was entitled to. They filed amended returns for me and got me back money that I didn’t even know I had coming. Haven’t used a computer tax program since.

I’ve been using Turbo Tax for about 4 years now. It’s quick and easy. I’ve never had any problems using it. If all your info is the same it will plug everything in where it belongs from the previous years return and your done in no time. I will be using it again this year.

Your perspective is an an employee, not the owner of a business (I’m not trying to give you a bad time here.)

There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don’t know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don’t know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that’s basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns. ~ Donald "Rummy
" Rumsfeld

We had our taxes done by H&R Block last year and w/ all the charges for forms we paid over $450.

thats your 1st problem, never use H&R Block, you will get ripped off.

go to yahoo local in your area and type bookkeepers or your local yellow pages.

you can try a CPA but they will be expensive and they follow all the rules being there cpa license is on the line.

Try a bookkeeper and you will save more money like Chris just mentioned

I completely understand Larry. I actually thought about that late last night and realized it would be completely different for an owner. Just sharing my personal experience with the program though.

What if the owner doesn’t have employees?