Two ways to solve the problem of the liquidator channel

I have complained about the liquidator 3.0 channel in the last thread. I looked it up because I thought it was my own problem, and I saw that many people were experiencing the same problem. Of course, there were people who used it well.

I tested by comparing the type of rubber and the characteristics of the channel and solved the problem with the following two conditions.

(Based on 14 inches and 18 inches.)

1. ettore master rubber

When putting rubber on the liquidator 3.0 channel, it was easy to mount in the order of moerman NXT-R> Unger soft> ethere master> Unger green. In other words, the unger green rubber was the tightest. Each rubber has a slightly different size. If you test each rubber on various channels, you will get significant results.

1. Insert rubber correctly into the channel.

Originally, I didn’t pay much attention to this part. The reason is that there was no big problem replacing rubber in channels of other brands except the liquidator 3.0 channel.

Note: The side clip (A) where rubber starts to be inserted, and the other clip (B)
1). Before inserting rubber into the liquidator 3.0 channel, compare and write down the length of the rubber and the length of the channel.
2). Coat the clip at both ends of the channel with dishwashing detergent.
3). Apply dishwashing detergent to the entire front and back of the rubber.
4.) Slowly insert rubber. Your hands are slippery, so you can grab and pull rubber using a cloth or the like. The part that receives resistance when inserting rubber is the clip part at both ends of the channel. You have to hold the rubber at the first clip (A) and push it in until the end of the rubber you put first touches the other clip (B). Do not pull rubber from the center of the channel when some rubber is in. You should continue to apply force to the start clip (A).
5). If the rubber has arrived to the other clip (B), the rubber will start to bend. Then grab the rubber from the other clip side (B) and pass it through.
6)Please adjust little by little compared to the length at 1).

I judged that the essence of solving the problem is to choose the rubber itself well and flatten the rubber because the liquidator 3.0 channel is very light and the clip at the end is basically pressing the rubber.
For me, Ettore rubber was right, but for you, other rubber might be right. However, the same way as 2. to flatten rubber is very important. It’s okay if the process is different.

The video below is the result of my accurate performance of the two methods written above.
Look closely at the shape of my hand holding the handle in the video. The pressing force is close to zero.
The place where the rubber has passed leaves some water, but the purpose of this video is to show that the force is evenly distributed throughout the channel.
Processing: KakaoTalk_20211207_152011365.mp4…

I used a translator. I hope my meaning will be conveyed accurately.

I can’t upload the video, so I’m attaching a link.

The solution for me was throwing the channel in the garbage and not looking back.

4 Likes

I absolutely agree with your expression. :slight_smile:
This is because when I also couldn’t solve the problem in the above way, I thought, “This squeegee was trash that lost its basic ability because it cared so much about the edges.” It’s natural to leave stripes, and the place where the squeegee passed became too messy.

I looked up the liquidator channel through various websites and YouTube. Representatively, two methods were seen. One was to put something between the rubber and the channel, and the other was to apply rich soap directly to the washer. I thought they were helpful, but I didn’t think it was a solution to the fundamental problem of the liquidator channel. That’s why I found the same way as above.

Take your favorite squeezee and do the same thing as I did in the video.
I have to make the shape of my finger holding the handle exactly the same. You shouldn’t put pressure on it. It should be the minimum force to hold the squeegee. Maybe you can’t sweep down the soap evenly like my video even if you use the wide body channel.

Liquidator 3.0 feels like a fairly delicate tool. For your information, I have unger’s s channel, s-plus channel, ethere brass channel, and unger ninja channel. When squeezing under the same conditions, the liquidator 3.0 now feels in my hand and the results of the window surface are unparalleled.

I have received a lot of help from many experts on this website, and I hope my writing will help someone.

i use the moerman soft precut. i apply soap to the scrubber. in other words i follow the directions of the inventor and use the products of the manufacturer and it works.

1 Like

When used in the manner recommended by the manufacturer, it would be perfect if it worked well. :slight_smile: