Ulta Beauty Stores (SMI)

Hey Everyone. Haven’t visited for a while. Have a question for other commercial - route guys ( and gals ).

Do any of you do work through Solutions Management ( SMI ) on the Ulta Beauty Stores ?
We priced them several years ago for Bi-Monthly and they are not doing the agreed frequency.
So I am increasing the cost because of this issue. Anyone else doing them ?

Thanks - Jeff

I did them through Ellis Enterprises for several years. Finally dropped them last year. Ulta just isn’t serious about keeping their stores clean. They kept messing with the scheduled services, cancelling at the last minute, etc. It just wasn’t worth it for me anymore.

Yea Alex, several times I had them on the book and then get an email that we need to suspend. It has even happened when we had half of the stores done.

Yeah, it became quite aggravating. The clincher for me, was that there were never any apology or even an acknowledgement that it might be an inconvenience for us to cancel scheduled services.

1 Like

Anytime you’re doing work for a facilities management firm, you’re going to have these problems. We won’t work with any facilities management firms anymore. They all swear they’re different but they’re not. Most of the time they don’t even know they’ve lost a customer or there were changes with the customer until we showed up.

Let someone else deal with that stuff. Not worth it

2 Likes

I talked with the Ulta store manager back in October and I got the feeling Ulta corporate was trying to cut their bottom line and they haven’t done a thing since. I’m sure the property management companies are charging a premium in fees so every store is paying over market value for window cleaning when the managers could simply arrange it themselves.