Unger stopped selling scrim towels?

My guess is that Unger will be making more profits selling microfiber cloths than scrim because they don’t last as long. It’s all about making a bigger profit! Right?

1 Like

Is Unger the only game in town when it comes to scrim?

PVA towels are amazing for that same purpose…plus they hold as much water as a sponge. Absolutely love mine.

1 Like

You can get something similar to scrim at Joann’s Fabric. It’s in the bulk bolt section in the back. The Rayon and Linen makes it super absorbent like the scrim. I actually liked it better than the scrim since it didn’t bunch up.

The reason I didn’t like using this stuff was on route work, the towels would look horrible after a couple stops. Detailing just left all sorts of mess on them.

HOWEVER, for residential, these things are unbeatable. With this stuff, you get 2 colors: tan and pea soup.

3 Likes

I can’t imagine them ever getting rid of scrim on your side of the pond. I lived and worked in the West near Galway for a few and scrim was the only thing most of the guys had ever used. No one had ever seen or used the hucks that I brought over. Discontinuing scrim would bring about another uprising…

3 Likes

Ha ha true

I think we scrim lovers can relax. I wrote an email to Unger about the rumours.

They wrote back:
"Dear Jonathan,

this is new to us and we can assure you, that you will be able to get them in the future as well.

Have a good day!"

So we can be happy :grinning:

5 Likes

He is talking about the “Blue Glass Cleaning Cloth” he gives a link, in the comments, to some he sells on his website Window Cleaning Magazine. http://www.windowcleaningmagazine.co.uk/cleaning-cloths/

Scrims can be purchased here:
https://www.amazon.com/PROFESSIONAL-WINDOW-CLEANERS-SCRIM-EXTRA/dp/B004ZVBIOC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1494849075&sr=8-3&keywords=window+scrim

windows 101 in Seattle has them.

Unger USA has stopped selling them to the US supply houses. Years ago we imported them from Unger UK.

They will be back.

9 Likes

Update on this?

I just got a few in my last order from the Australian suppliers, they are still the real deal.

1 Like

Hey Steve, can you send me that link? It would be greatly appreciated. All my scrims are done for and all the ones I’ve ordered in US are garbage. Thank you!

Thank you

Nice to see that they aren’t GOUGING. That’s almost double what they were a year ago.

Its Australia its the standard price, thats why I stopped using GG4, its almost $80 a bottle here.

2 Likes

That’s just crazy for soap.

1 Like

I found some scrims on ebay that are being shipped to me from England. 2 scrims for 12 bucks. I’ll let you know if they are quality or not, if you are interested.

2 Likes

Folks i thought this myth was put to bed or is Unger just not supplying the states with scrims anymore??