Uniforms & or just shirt & styles

Hi folks, I hav a question , well mayb a few, lol!!
I am wondering what you folks all choose for uniforms as we all know presentation & presents is important.
I am not rolling up in a big hummer rig trailer unit etc, I am just a women with family to help, using a mini van for now, but I still want to present a positive professional impression so I can earn trust, develop, begin building a repor with customers to obviously increase demand & most importantly, our money of service, in time.
So with that, what fabrics of choice, hot weather cold days? pants do your crews permit shorts? length regulations?
I have done window cleaning on a small scale, I do understand I have a lot to learn, so I will take all your advise graciously.
I am farm girl hard work is not something I am afraid of…

For us in the Texas heat right now it’s just a standard screen printed t-shirt. I would like to upgrade them to something like a nike dri-fit or something of the like, but at the current budget it’s standard gildan shirt with a logo. As long as nothing is torn up, gangsta baggy, or ratty - any kind of jean / short / tennis shoe combo is ok with it. Clean & hardworking is our image :slight_smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

In the winter I have some Chippewa work boots, blue jeans or khaki dickies work pants, t-shirt/longsleeve/hoody (simple screen printing, cheap and done well) last winter I had a dickies winter jacket on top of all the other stuff. Next winter I plan on getting a few jackets with my logo that way it’s 100% work wear.

In the nicer months I wear my t shirts/longsleeves/hoodies, still and khaki dickies shorts or some khaki cargo shorts, oh and for footwear I wear some Vans since they’re so comfy (I make sure they look nice always and replace when they get beat up) I’ve been wanting to get some nice Nikes but I can’t get myself to spend $80+ on shoes I’m gonna beat up

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

Yes hard work will speak for itself, is not work boots or safety shoes not recommended?
I guess thats the farm girl side coming out,but they support ankles as well when fatiged.
Shirts are silk screaned then not inborderd ?
Shorts or pants- same color ?
I like the fact the public knows we are a crew, i want our clothing to rep our care & clear friendly personalities. As i will b only a female crew for now but men will be added in as we grow- hopefully! Lol
How long should a 2story home take to clean in/out windows, town homes, row homes ?
Thanks for ur reply good to meet u!

Sent from my SGH-T959P using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

To pro windowcleaning-
What r chipawa boots?
I am in Ottawa Ontario Canada
Some or many items we dont hav as u folks in states do…
Good reply, thank u

It’s just a brand of expensive and great work boots. I had some guy ask for a card because he liked my boots this winter, he’s on the schedule for windows in a couple weeks actually.

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

[MENTION=4816]prowindowclean[/MENTION]er
Thats cool that a potential customer can come from the interest of work ware. Take them anyway u can get them!!! (Customers !!lol)
Just goes to show out dress matters also.
Another point of professionalism!!

When it’s cold out, I hear Red Wing Boots, Carhart Pants, a long sleeve shirt and a hoodie. During the summertime, its always a nice dry-fit polo, khaki shorts and merril shoes.

Cool ! as i am new to this forum & window cleaning in general. What should i put on the door hanger flyer post card as i am not really a pro yet!!lol i still hav to get my gear!!! But i want flyers etc out now so ican book some work ready for me to fly

I would start off by using the search function, there is plenty of material on here that would be more than helpful.

Is there a different window chart to b found? That way i can use it for part of estimate . Provides customer idea of window /price/ floors etc , well u know all that stuff.

[MENTION=35923]greenhorn[/MENTION] ^^^ you would be amazed how much Great information you can find using the function, and also remember every markets prices slightly different.

I actually spend a bit more and get the same clothes the Bicycle cops wear. 5-11 is the brand. I have synthetic polo shirts in blue and black for summer from them and synthetic shorts with many pockets which I like. They are a bit more expensive than dickeys or carharts but they last 3 times as long or more and look good every time.
for winter I like layered clothing like you would wear to go winter hiking. Good quality stuff lasts way way longer and fits better in my opinion. For footwear I like light weight. I use running shoes in the summer and lightweight hiking boots in the winter with expensive smartwool sox. Once again, lasting 3 to 4 times as long as cheaper stuff. I like to be cool, dry, and comfortable while looking professional as well. Hope this helps.