Very Scratched Glass

This glass is on a 3-story building in Frederick, MD
Only part of the building is shown in the pics. The building perimeter is about 4/10 of a mile.
The only stamp I could find on the glass has the name VIRACON. Did not see anything that said Tempered or anything else.
The three pics of scratches are of the same glass…just getting closer and closer.
Just about every piece of glass on this huge building looks this way.

I am not bidding on the cleaning but I maintain the grounds on this property and could not miss seeing the scratches when the sun hit the glass.

This is so bad, it makes me wonder if these are actually scratches. Could it just be something with light refraction??

You’re not likely to find a tempering stamp since you are most likely dealing w/ heat strengthened glass (used on commercial properties like this one). Without being there and being able to see the scratches close up I can’t say for sure but they do look like good candidates for FD scratches.

Hard to say, could be silicone that got spread. If your really interested, find a easy one to get to and get a birds eye view.
DW

Probably some masons used a trowel to clean the mortar off the glass! lol

Most likely it was FD.

Yeah that’s fabricating debris. Dan Fields has a picture on his website of a window like that. They probably cleaned the glass themselves and didn’t hire a pro.

What are they goin g to do about it? Leave it and live with it?

Yep. They will probably live with it.

Thats too bad. It could have been resurfaced.

Great pics Brain - can I use them?

Absolutely. Feel free to use the pics any way you like. :slight_smile:

Thanks mate, may get them on the blog or on my website soon. :wink:

If you notice , they have a perfect circle pattern , I believe that would have happened before they were installed , probably in shipping and handeling , or installing time . two pieces of glass with no seperation and a peice of sand between will do that , usualy a spider web look , this looks like someone spun it around . Don Risinger , Dependable Window Cleaning , Austin Tx