Video: Hot Water WFP Window Cleaning - Eccotemp L5

We wanted to see if we could clean frames, metal siding, and glass in -10 C or 14 F. We love using this small, mobile, light setup. This setup now shortens our Winter by 2 months allowing us to clean longer into the cold months and to start back up earlier in the year. It is amazing on really dirty windows!

@Pure Water Window Cleaning

Thats pretty awesome.

Awesome brother! -10C wfp cleaning, that changes things big time in the north!

Did you break any windows?

I would wonder the same

Ya, good thing we packed up and left before they saw.

No we didn’t. I run it on a pretty low setting. Just hot enough to make a difference but not enough to crack glass, yet.

I talk with UK guys who’ve been running theirs for years at around the same temperature and they’ve never broke a window.

Joshua Adriance
Pure Water Window Cleaning
www.pwwc.ca

Wouldn’t that water freeze after running on the ground and make a skating rink?

Good question. Actually not at all. It’s not enough to even make it pass the frames, down the wall, and through the snow bank. We use less than a half a gallon per minute. Plus, the water that does drip and run to the ground in front of entrances is fine because these areas are always very heavily salted. The sidewalks are covered in the city’s salt.

I carry salt with me as a backup.

If all of the above fails then, obviously, safety wins out and we fall back on trad. In the end, we fly through jobs faster and are out of there on to the next. It’s probably less of an overall danger than ladders and trad poles littering the walkways.

Yep

that’s awesome Joshua! A big thanks for sharing this with us. This winter was sure ideal for testing out something like this.

Thanks for posting the video in the cold!!!

If the inside of the building is warm you will have [I][U]“less”[/U][/I] chance of the glass cracking from what I have been told
by some of the UK folks.

Thanks for sharing that video I like the way you set that up to use with your backpack youron top of your game Joshua good stuff.10 below you Canucks are nuts:cool:. I just got my L5 in the mail yesterday cant wait to start using it. I bought it mainly for cleaning power though I don’t clean much in cold temps. How do you compare this to normal water temps as far as cleaning power goes with hot water?

Joshua you are amazing!

Hey, thanks Dean. Really though, I’ve learned everything from making mistakes, wcr, and the UK lads and ladies.

Joshua Adriance
www.pwwc.ca

Joshua how are you tapping into the UK resources? Is there another forum that I should know about?
Keep up the good work! It is impressive!!!

Joshua how are you tapping into the UK resources? Is there another forum that I should know about?
Keep up the good work! It is impressive!!!

Hey Michael!

I haven’t stretched it’s legs completely yet. I will in the next month with several large first cleans. I have a new client next week with windows that haven’t been cleaned since the building was constructed in 1967! I’ll be hitting them with this system and testing its cleaning threshold.

I do find, though, that with hot pure water two passes is almost all I need for maintenance cleans. For example, the client in the video is signed up for quarterly cleans. It’s on a very busy street and after only a month you literally can’t see through the glass so cleaning these windows traditionally is a waste of time compared to wfping them with a strong brush and good flow. With hot water the brush just seems to glide through the tuff stuff in one pass wit a second for security.

The Eccotemp L5 is rated for 20-80 psi so the small Surflo backpack motor is just fine. It’ll be really good through my little Hydrotube on the local 80 psi taps.

It’s a simple setup and for the money I don’t see how you could go wrong with buying with the goal of just experimenting.

Joshua Adriance
www.pwwc.ca