Water fed pole

I’m reading a ton about the water fed pole system, and I like some aspects of it; but it seems to be a product that makes the manufacturers and distributors money, rather than hauling in the cash for the window cleaning businesses.

And as far as the actual purified water is concerned: couldn’t you just order purified water from a place like Water-To-Go that undergoes its own filtration & purification processes, including reverse osmosis, and mix a gallon with some GG4 to get a great spot free clean?

Again, not trashing it or people who use it; I might be adding one to the arsenal. I’m just curious about what some others who aren’t huge fans of them have to say.

I’m reading a ton about the water fed pole system, and I like some aspects of it; but it seems to be a product that makes the manufacturers and distributors money, rather than hauling in the cash for the window cleaning businesses.

… Kind of like a customer telling you that you’re not really helping them in any way, just making a ton of money off of them

And as far as the actual purified water is concerned: couldn’t you just order purified water from a place like Water-To-Go that undergoes its own filtration & purification processes, including reverse osmosis, and mix a gallon with some GG4 to get a great spot free clean?

… Of course you could. Have you done the math though comparing cost of that to buying your own unit? Are you thinking pure water and gg4 in a bucket, with an applicator or gg4 in tank with the pure water for a wfp? The first option is a waste of pure water and for the second one, why bother with the gg4?

I was thinking option 1 (gg4 w/filtered/purified water in a bucket/pump sprayer). What would make that a waste? Wouldn’t it result in using the best possible water with (arguably) the best cleaning solution together? Kind of a best-of-both-worlds scenario?

And no, I wasn’t meaning running gg4 through water fed pole system. I’m not sure if they (manufacturers) would even recommend that or not.

As soon as you add anything (soap,dirt from the sleeve, ect) the water is no longer pure water.

4 Likes

Right. I was just thinking as far as the water having minerals and everything removed from the start. And if I was using pump sprayer, there’d be no contamination like dunking in a bucket.

Even if you use it this way (pure water+ soap) in a pump sprayer. The pure water is no longer pure, my suggestion would be just use regular water and the soap of your choice.

No it’s not best of both worlds. It’s a waste because you’d be spending money on something (pure water) that doesn’t improve the end result, or help reduce time and effort in the cleaning process. There is no need to remove minerals from water if you are going to squeegee off the water.

2 Likes

Got it. Thanks, bud.

Great! Thanks, man.

Your missing the whole concept of using WFP , an a pure water system
There used to eliminate ladder work , which in turn could save you time , An keep guys safe . They save you the hassle of working around rough terrain , landscape , an whatnot
You could get a spot free window clean with traditional tools also.

1 Like

Using a pump sprayer ?

Whrrr is your agitation coming from ?

Ladder work isn’t that big of a deal. I hang siding, I’ve cleaned windows and light fixtures, that’s not a problem.

Just seems like unloading/loading, hauling around the system, hooking up the hoses, finding the customer’s water, etc. takes up more time than it could potentially save; moreover, what about windows higher up that have stubborn marks or stains? Spraying some water on them is supposed to clean them perfectly?

It’s interesting, though. Still looking into it.

You mentioned a spot-free clean with traditional methods. Can you elaborate?

Sure … first let me say I wouldn’t use my WFP if I couldn’t get the same results as using traditional toools

They say a "spot free rinse ", because you are leaving water ( which is pure water ). on the glass so hence it dries spot free

With traditional tools we use the strip washer to agitate the dirt on the windows , an we use the squeegee to take the solution off which in turn leaves the glass spot free. We don’t say spot free , but technically it’s spot free

1 Like

Not necessarily, if you have a proper set up

Great point. Thanks, bud!

you obviously haven’t researched either window cleaning in general or pure water window cleaning at all.

1 Like

Lol. I’m 30 and I’ve been cleaning windows since I was 13 years old, bud. Residential, commercial (mainly Home Depot and Lowe’s). I run a full janitorial service, though, and windows aren’t my primary focus; floors are. That’s where the money is at.

There are tons of techniques and supplies I never even thought of on here, and it’s a good place to get familiar with them. Really cool place. Water fed system is new to me, but it sounds interesting. Just want to ask everything before I spend $3,000 or more.

Thanks for the feedback, though, man. :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

well didn’t mean to offend you just sounded like you had no idea.
wfp is cleaner, safer easier to train and faster (overall) than traditional.
you get your money back and more while providing your staff a safer workplace and your customer a better clean with less risk of damage to property or staff accidents.
yes it’s a higher investment but it is an investment and it pays dividends every day.
i checked renting equipment and buying purified water it was no more feasible for me than renting a truck or taking the bus instead of buying one.

1 Like

No worries. No offense taken.

Great points, bud. Thanks for the info.