Water filter help?

Hey guys I need some guidance and maybe links to buy or build a inline filter that’s small and carry able from job to job to fill my wash buckets onsite. It would need to hook up too hose bib and filter the water. I think I’m fighting the calcium filled water in my area but dont want to purchase gallons and gallons of distilled water everyday.
Thanks!

What problem is the water creating?

It leaves a film, but the main thing is streaks leave ugly whitish Mark’s on the glass. So I tried distilled water on the same job, and any minor streaks dried unnoticeable. Makes it wayyy easier

That is odd to me as I have never heard of water being so full of minerals that the windows don’t clean well with a mop and squeegee. It sounds like the kind of streaking I get when I’m not careful cleaning windows with plastic frames that are disintegrating.

1 Like

Yes that happens also it sucks! But this I think is because of how flippen hot it is here, usual morning temps about 95-105 and past 10am over 110. The water dries fast after squeegee with a ugly film. When I use distilled, it doesnt leave the film. Just try 1 bucket with distilled and see if it changes anything for ya.
Also- I ordered a RV water filter that connects to the garden hose bib. Hope it works

This little filter is made to just hook up to the faucet IPC Eagle Ready Pure Replacement Filter | Pure Water | WCR – WindowCleaner.com