Waterfed Pole work in high wind?

Hi
When working with pure water/water fed pole, do you work in high wind? Does the extra dirt in the air affect your windows? I’m wondering if leaving a wet window in the window can attract more dust & dirt causing the windows to dry dirty.

Thanks,
Tony

I have been wondering the same. Especially during the high pollen season in some areas. At times, here in Oklahoma, the pollen gets so crazy it’ll look like your driving down a dirt road. Pollen everywhere!

Yes

That was a bit long-winded, eh?:wink:

[QUOTE=Tony C;154780]Hi
When working with pure water/water fed pole, do you work in high wind? Does the extra dirt in the air affect your windows? I’m wondering if leaving a wet window in the window can attract more dust & dirt causing the windows to dry dirty.

Thanks,
Tony[/QUOTE

I helped another window cleaner today doing a large commercial job in gusty winds and direct sunlight. We had really great results with minimal touch up. Couldnt have done it without the wfp.

Depends.

On? :slight_smile:

“High wind” is a relative term. 10 mph? 20 mph? I don’t know where the cutoff point is, but in the field on the job I know when it is too windy, just from experience.

First, there’s the safety issue. In my 4 years of wfp experience, I’ve shut down for the day at least a half dozen times …maybe as much as a dozen times… due to unsafe high winds. I’ve even shut down when I was doing my largest client. They were actually grateful I was safety conscience. “Unsafe high winds” is also a relative term…relative to the height you’re working with. A 10 mile an hour wind is no big deal when you’re doing 2 stories, but it’s a really big deal when you’re doing 5 stories. If you’re wrestling the pole just to keep it up, tear down for the day. It’s not worth all the risks…breaking a window, breaking your pole, injuring yourself or others, striking a power line, etc.

As for high wind affecting the quality of the cleaning, the only time I’ve found this to be an issue is when there is either a dirt road or a construction site in the vacinity.

I do not live in a high pollen area, so I cannot speak to that condition.

Above all, be safe. No window and no dollar is worth hurting yourself or someone else.

Thanks John. That was a useful answer.

Tony