WCR Member vehicles and setups

I had a 2015 Toyota Tundra double cab with 6.5 ft bed. The guy that bought my business had a Ford Transit Connect. I posted a video somewhere on here that he shared with me. I liked his setup better than my truck, but I was able to use my truck for other things than just work. Like hauling the family around on the weekends, or hauling a load.

Thank you for sharing, appreciate it!

@seanktm
The feline was an unexpected smile… thanks for that! :slight_smile:

Hahah, that cat brought a smile to both me and my wife during the first year of window cleaning which was not easy. Glad he got a smile out of you, too. Cats are wonderful. :slight_smile:

Bring this thread back to life

2 Likes

Too much fun with this little rig… The only way I can stand living in downtown… !

9 Likes

Here’s a tour of the ultimate storefront vehicle… The best gas mileage, free parking anywhere, and never ever gets stuck in traffic…

5 Likes

Hey Everyone,
Been a long time since dropping in here on this thread. I am in the process of outfitting the newest truck and in having a Tacoma and then a Tundra I’ve learned a lot in how to work out of a truck efficiently. Both of the previous builds evolved greatly in bringing to life some great ideas in tool management and this latest build if not my last… will be the sickest.
Hope your all well and will be back soon

3 Likes

Nice set up I see the dog is very happy too

I really like the PVC pipes in the milk crate there. I did something similar in a 5-gal bucket instead for my washers. I am redoing my setup on a pickup truck now, and all these pictures are giving me ideas… Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I like this, too. Not too cluttered and focused. Which leaf blower is that and how do you like it? Echo? Stihl?

Cheap craftsman, Chevy Astro is the best for window cleaning in my opinion. Perfect size. Decent gas, and ok engine. Can tow small trailer

2 Likes

I decided on a Transit Connect over the Astro. Long story short, I sold that thing and now I have a Tundra. An Astro would’ve worked out better and we may have even kept it.

so if you had the choice would you do ASTRO over tundra?

Transit was to weak or to small? I had a transit and here in the mountains it didn’t work at all. Tundra sucks to much gas in my opinion. Upload pics of set ups

Well, we got the Tundra because we started pressure washing. I didn’t want to pull a trailer if possible and also didn’t want bleach in the cab.

If we had an Astro already, we may have settled for a trailer to avoid having to sell and set up all over again. But between Astro and Tundra, Tundra for sure. First gen (2006), too. Rides like a luxury SUV, plenty of room, and super reliable. The last two work vehicles were Fords. Not so much.

4 Likes

Way too weak. We had the first gen (2012). It had a Focus engine on a cargo van. So many small problems, too. Never a Ford again unless it’s a F250 or something.

As for Tundra, it’s a necessary sacrifice. I don’t think the Astro vans do much better anyway. I get about 14/15 mpg and that’s fine for the room it has and the reliability I get.

Oh man, I love rig pics! Given the time we have right now, we are just using what we have, a SUV and a small trailer for large jobs (wfp or major screen work). The trailer has a bench and work top for screen repairs and replacements along with the ability to bring our own water to the job. Many homes here have only a well or cistern setup.

I would love to get some 4x4 van that takes the place of the trailer for less space, but that would be much later I imagine. Here, we need 4x4 as we are in the mountains and often do work even when snow is out! Not to mention, some jobs feel like old jeep trails in Utah or something…