WFP hoses

Hi Guys,

Traditional window cleaner here. I recently purchased my first WFP cart. Can you please advise me on the length of hose that I should have for residential use with my 30’ pole and 10’ extention (garden hose from supply to cart and WFP hose from cart to end of pole)?

Thank yoi

The supply line needn’t be long, maybe 25-50’.

The line from system to pole = 200’ minimum. That will accommodate 99% of your residential work.

3 Likes

Yes, garden hose from supply to the cart and then 3/8" ID hose ( I run about 180’ of that) from cart to 3/16" wfp hose of which you need enough to run the length of the pole.

when running from a cart we have used 50’ of 1/4 air hose to 60 feet of pole tube. this is enough for small to mid size houses with your cart at the tap.
we carry at least 30’ up to 60’ of slightly larger hose to connect tap to cart. (it might be 5/16 but 3/8 air hose works well.)
we do not try to go all the way around the house rather going one direction starting at a barrier like a fence or corner about as far as the house reaches then work toward the cart and continue past it till you get back to your start point from the other side.
if that is not enough we would move the cart . by moving the cart you extend your reach without losing pressure whereas if you just add more hose after the cart you will lose pressure/volume quickly.

If you replace your 1/4" hose with 3/8" you can use longer lengths of it without losing the pressure and maybe even leave the cart in your truck.

1 Like

it is true that you can run longer lengths if the diameter is bigger but it is also heavier and bulkier.
because most municipal water supplies have decent pressure a longer hose between tap and cart will still provide plenty of volume and pressure whereas the filter greatly reduces the pressure and volume
also due to varying circs at different homes it is handy to have that extra reach so you don’t always have to get the cart all the way to the tap.
leaving the cart in the truck means using even more hose to deploy and packup.
i try to design all my systems to be efficient, having all hose easy to handle and on the cart makes things very quick to set up.
as mentioned i do not currently use that system as we have gone to 250 gallon tank with pumps, but the op wanted hose info.

Thank you for all of the help!

Any advice on which part of the system should have a water shut-off valve?

flow controller + remote for a van tank system or a univalve

for water filtered onsite I’ve never used one, you can get push fit valves but it’s just as easy to pinch the pole hose while carrying it.