WFP Tank set up

Finally decided to go tank set up.
First day with it. First job am therr water was Off. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

What system are you using to fill tank

With tank system could you have filled the water prior to getting to site, not needing customer water?

DI Tank

Yes you fill it before, but this wvas my first day with the tank, An ironically the water was offf, which didn’t effect me. I was just saying it was funny that it was off.

If that happens last week. I would of had to break out the ladder/ , or go figure out how to turn her water on.

Very interested on how you like this setup seems like a direction many want to go.

I know it’s a short time, but I’ve worked long enough the other way to from an opinion. It’s awesome

I’ve gotten all of the things I need to build my tank setup, just rethinking the size of my tank. It’s 275gal. And would probably only fill it half way or 3/4 because of the weight factor. How big is your tank @Majestic66? And how long till you run out, without filling it up?

I too have most everything I need and I’m debating tank size currently. I can get one of those 275 gallons relatively cheap but the hundred or hundred 25 gallon low profile tank kind of looks appealing

1 Like

50 gallons
Don’t go by what I’m usin or going to say hear , but. For me 50 is fine. I’m going to most always have a 1/2 cube DI tank with me , so if need be I’ll just fill if needed
275 to me is over kill for a Tank set up think about maybe going with a 100 or 150.

I havnt been using it extensively so maybe get other opinions on tank size.

@Wagonhound. Has been using a tank set up for a while so…

1 Like

just remember that that filled is over a metric tonne of water…

7-8 pounds per gallon

@Rockward a friend of mine just told me he used about 30 gallons to clean a 100 windows If that helps

this is why metric is much easier
1 liter = 1 kilogram

3 Likes

That helps, thank you

Correct, 275 gallon is overkill and wouldn’t be filled but if it’s saved $400 thought is not filling past 100-125 gallons.

1 Like

100 gallon low profile is the way to go.

1 Like

@Rockward

"just rethinking the size of my tank. It’s 275gal. And would probably only fill it half way or 3/4 because of the weight factor. "…

You would have a a huge sloshing affect you would need to add something like baffling or sponge to control the slosh affect, or it becomes very dangerous on sudden turn or stop.

Just a heads up…

3 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

I’ve only come close to using the entire volume of my 50 gal tank a few times and I can clean a lot of windows with that amount. I’d estimate I use about 20oz per window. It takes about 45 min to fill my tank through RO/DI so anything over probably 80 gallons would be overkill for a solo operator and it’s too much weight beyond that. I’m not really sure, but I think my battery would last through approximately 100 gallons if I’m running at 50 on my flow controller.

3 Likes

You using a flow controller?

@Wagonhound are you located in Casper, Wy?

1 Like

No … I’m using s inline ball valve for right now.
What type of battery do you have ? A deep cycle Marine battery should last longer than that … no/yes ?

I’m also wondering if the inline ball valve will mess my pump up . If so I’ll jace to get a flow controller. If not I don’t see why I would need one.

@John