WFP Tank set up

The flow control we sale monitors the amps that the pump draws from the battery. When the pump has back pressure from the small openings in the hose it will cause the amps to spike from the normal 9amps to up to 14-15. This will cause the pressure switch to engage and draw more juice from your battery. The flow control keeps the amps from reaching your battery and pump so you get more life out of both. Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Cool ā€¦ didnā€™t know you could do that with the flow controller. Definitely a plus ! Iā€™m nit cheap when it comes to equipment, but these things are costly . I wasnā€™t sure if it would blow out the pump quicker , but I was willing to find out. Then go the flow controller route if it did.
I Never thought of charging from my vechike battery. Thanks for that idea !
All the more reasons nit to get a flow controller. Lol !
Iā€™m sure itā€™s a good thing , Iā€™m still not ruling it out. One day ā€¦ when I make it big :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I normally went through a Surflo pump once a year before adding a flow control. It doubled the pump life.

1 Like

You can get one of these as an intermediate solution. Doesnā€™t have all of the fancy circuitry or brains of the expensive controllers, but it will work to slow your pump down to prevent cycling and save on some battery.

https://www.amazon.com/RioRand-7-80V-Motor-Controller-Switch/dp/B071NQ5G71/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?crid=2SMAFQDE8ZV9J&keywords=pwm+controller&qid=1550763588&s=gateway&sprefix=pwm&sr=8-6

1 Like

Oh yeah, i didnt think of it untill you posted that, i have one of those on my pump in a box. Im in Minnesota so its been awhile since i used it. Sorry guys completely forgot i jad that on there.

1 Like

@Aaron It will pay for itself in the end and youā€™ll be a lot happier. Iā€™ve never replaced a pump and my first battery lasted about 3 years. Iā€™ve gone an entire week on a single charge.

@John why hasnā€™t the selection of WFP components (especially flow controllers) like over in the UK migrated here? The prices are nearly a 1/3 of what we pay too (tariffs & duties)?

In the UK the market is much different. The van mounted systems are used more than the on demand systems due to lack of water on the job. We have much better on demand systems and sale more. We do carry many items we import and have done so in the past and not been able to sale them. Once you add the cost of importing a item and with the exchange rate the price does seem higher.
The Xero line up is better or comparable to anything in the international market. This line will continue to get better every year.

1 Like

Yep! I have one of these for one of our pumps. Canā€™t monitor the amps but it controls the amount going to the pump thus slowing down or speeding up the pump. We have had it for a few years, I do plan on replacing it with a true flow controller in the future but works fine.
CHARGING BATTERY: You can run heavier gauge wire from your battery to the vehicle battery. I did this with my mechanics suggestion years agoā€¦ 5 years I think. So the battery charges while you drive. Works great.

1 Like

We have used wfp tanks for years!

As John and other comment a Controller will reduce the battery current draw and extend the pump life by reducing the load on the pump motor meaning it rubs cooler. Battery Discharge Rate | Blog | Spring (Europe) Ltd This is one of the advantages of Spring manufactured controllers

2 Likes