WFP without a pump

Hi guys I’m a newbie here just starting my window cleaning career, and wondering about buying a wfp. I’m not really sure how the whole thing works though. Is it possible to just buy the wfp brush and pole and simply plug it straight into the hose without a water tank and pump? If so what are the drawbacks to that? Thank you all in advance

The drawback is that it won’t work. Unless the water coming out the tap is very low tds. You need to clean with with very low tds, generally 0 - 10. So you need to process your tap water via DI, RO or a combination of both.

@Matthew is correct.

the pole relpaces your ladder.
the brush replaces a scrubber.
“purified water” replaces your solution, squeegee, detail cloth

the combination of brush/pole/filter provides results that that are faster/better and safer than traditional systems.

a pump is only required if the pressure from the water source is insufficient to provide a good flow to brush.

the pressure required depends on the system of purification you choose.

I find that with my 3 stage system, I have lower flow from the ro added, so I have a di tank ready for pressure on homes that doesn’t work at. I can run 100’ of garden hose to the di tank then from di 250’ of 5/16wfp line and it gets me around huge homes and commercial projects. With no pump, however resin is a ton more costly, so i’m adding a pump and tank system next year.

What problem are you trying to solve?

Thank you guys for the reply’s, basically I’m just being a cheapo cause the systems seem to be close to a grand or more, so was wondering if I could just get the pole alone but seems like that won’t work

Unger and i think Xero have systems that use the pressure coming from the tap you connect to.Relatively cheap enough for someone starting out.

Hey buddy, all depends on how much you want to spend.

I use a 3/4 cubic foot DI tank…I put in the resin in June…still reading 0 and I had to have put 2-3,000 gallons of water through it. I bought a carbon/sediment pre-filter set up before it goes to my DI tank, and I am convinced it has increased resin life by 15-25 percent. Before I used the tanks, I just used my Tucker pole by itself-- mixed results but generally speaking I would squeegee off the water with my 24 foot extension pole and about 97 percent perfect results. Most of my residential has around 90-160 TDS—

My buddy does some homes with well water and he runs through a 3/4th tank in a week or two-- he has since built his own RO unit for under 600 dollars with everything he needs…no DI tank after-- he gets it from 500TDS to about 30-50, and has been using that TDS for months, not a single complaint on spotting. He uses a pump, actually he uses two pumps so he can run 2 poles off one RO— but I think as long as you have good pressure (I mean honestly guys 99 percent of the homes I do have MONSTER pressure…never an issue it’s out like a fire hose!) a single RO will be fine without a pump…UP TO probably 20-30 feet. Pumps are not expensive, you surely don’t need to spend 700-900 dollars as I see on some websites…basic utility pump and an outside connection (you can even bring an inverter for mobile power) and you are in BUSINESS my man.

I have also used my DI resin up to 100TDS…STILL spot free. So I do not agree with the notion is “has to be under 10”…simply not true in all cases and I have seen it …depending on the GLASS, it does not matter…even if its 100 it’s still running through the resin taking the minerals that I feel spot the glass…I do not recommend that but when I see it creeping to 30-40, I can still do a few homes, maybe go a week or so before I change it. To each their own, I don’t recommend buying those expensive units unless you can justify the costs-- when you can build your own for a fraction of the cost-- HOWEVER, their machines are all ready to go out of the box…whereas DIY you will need to figure out the kinks.