What do you all think of the Ultra Pure Water Cleaning Systems on the market?

Why Pure Water?
The mineral-free water provides incredible cleaning action and spot free windows without using a chemical. It keeps windows cleaner longer leaving no residue or build up on the surface.

The HydroTube™ offers a better, faster way to clean windows up to 5 stories safely from the ground. The unique linear design (patent pending) allows us to build a sophisticated high volume reverse osmosis DI water purification system all in one portable tube. The result is spot free windows at a fraction of the cost and time of any other system.

Product Page: http://www.ipceagle.com/products/hydrotube#.Vs9PuJwrKUk
Product Video: http://www.ipceagle.com/file/1126

… You mean 7 stories.

2 Likes

…so your hitting 7 stories now.

1 Like

Yes. By the end of this Spring I estimate that I’ll have cleaned several 8 story structures as well. However, for the past year and a half I’ve only been using the Hydrotube as an RO membrane housing.

1 Like

why no DI?

1 Like

That’s Great!

1 Like

I start with a ppm measurement of 120-140 tds and with RO only and the right amount of pressure (prefiltered by carbon/sediment) I can bring that down to 2-4 ppm. No need for di 99% of the time. It’s been a year since I’ve used di resin.

I’m off the beads and it feels good!

2 Likes

Is 8 stories without a pump?

1 Like

what is “the right pressure”? could a ss ro standard 40" canister along with a carbon sediment/filter be used as well? and maybe just a di tank in case? I think thats pretty much what the wash-it is correct, along with a modified transport dolley built for it…

1 Like

By my estimations and tests I should be able to get pressure enough to reach 8 stories through my RO without a pump. In case of pressure problems, we have several di only configurations we use.

1 Like

The “right pressure” for an RO membrane is whatever pressure that will enable a proper waste to pure water ratio. This is regardless of the incoming tds ppm reading.

Maybe a manufacturer can chime in on more specific %'s.

1 Like

The RO membrane was never made for window cleaning. Most industries using RO membranes are using them with high pressure and consistent water supply and they are running 24 hours a day. In our industry we are using them with inconsistent pressure and all kinds of water pressure and water sources. Therefore a unique RO membrane is designed for our industry which works at a low water pressure. IPC was one of the pioneer companies to design a RODI cart for our industry that will work at 4 GPM or 40 psi which is what most state plumping codes require on homes.
Because most window cleaners use on demand systems instead of tank based systems there is a challenge getting consistent water flow on each job. So the best options if you use a RO to filter your water is either carry a booster pump or a DI only tank for the jobs with low pressure below 4gpm or 40 psi.
If you use a tank based system you will not need a booster pump. Even a 35 gallon tank with a pump control and 100 psi pump used as a buffer for the RO can give you enoght water flow to clean as high as you can reach with a wfp.

2 Likes

For IPC Eagle, the waste water flow required is not based on the pressure but water flow. We have a device built into all of our systems that guarantee the same water flow no matter what the pressure. This ensures a long operational life for the RO membrane. Several hundred thousand gallons of operation when taking proper care of the pre-filters.
If you have high pressure the pure water will increase and the waste water will remain the same.