What do you consider a tight route?

Hope everyone is well. I am wondering what some of you define as tight route as? I understand bulk is better. Keep drive time down.Just curious some of you guys’ definition for your own business. Thanks!

Park and walk all day. Less than 2 minutes walk between jobs.

Or, bike 5 minutes to route. 30 seconds between jobs all day.

We did 3-4 days a week for over 10 years like this. Find a city center and go crazy.

1 Like

I’m envious!!! No joke!

• I do have ONE day, monthly, where Im basically in one place for the whole day (within the same couple square miles) and I love it!
4 Likes

To anyone I ever dismissed for having a ‘tight route’ (and I dont think I ever HAVE… just making sure/covering my bases)

• Im on board!

So can I ask how many stops you have that you service within that area?

Now that’s a tight route

2 Likes

Ya, it was fun. Kinda miss it sometimes.

Did you sell it ? Did you previously buy it , or is this something you went out and built yourself ?

Started it from scratch as a student. Cut my teeth learning how to market and sell. I was 19/20. Was only doing janitorial at the time and started offering free window cleaning services to score contracts. Windows grew. Started on foot, used buses, and metro (subways) to get around. Then moved to trucks as we grew, then simplified to cargo bikes 6 years ago.

Passed some of it off to my brother to help jump-start his business which split it in two. Sold my portion or traded it for wfp contracts. I still sub out a few storefront/commercial jobs here and there but only do a few myself right next door to my place. 99.99% wfp now.

Learned more about people, business, and how the world works with a squeegee in my hand than I did for more than half a decade in university :joy: I try to recommend it or something similar to any young person.

1 Like

Maximum density.
Close proximity to home.
Aggressive pricing.
Paid immediately.

2 Likes

Reading back, by your guys’ definition, I have one half day walking distance, and the other half driving within a square mile… 6 total on that day, without add ons.

Personally? I consider “tight”/close together, to be within the same general vicinity (city/area code/etc…)
So I apologize if my point of reference is a little skewed

1 Like

No, again thanks for the responses. Everyone has a different way of gauging it. That’s why I asked. I’m working on setting goals up for myself starting out and Sometimes just reading what others have going on currently is nice. Keep the wheel turning.

1 Like

It always can be tighter that’s the thing, So the goal should be to figure out what you need to make in a day , and with driving /cleaning obtain the amount of stores you can to achieve that

This can get deeper we can make a day 15 hours , but most employees won’t work that long . You can have a route with the same price point that you can clean in 8 hours , but have another route that takes 15 hours with same total , because it’s not as tight so it takes longer.

It doesn’t matter how long it takes you to get to the route . It matters how long it take you to clean it . everyone has to drive to work, and they don’t get paid for that drive.

what it totals for the day matters. For argument sakes let’s just say an 8!hour day

So route one takes you 8 hours a day to clean an makes you $600. Route two with the same amount of glass takes you 15 hours to do an you make $600 dollars , because route two has a lot of drive time.

The goal should be to tighten up route two , and make two days out of it @ $600 each day. Just an arbitrary number with price it could be $700 a day or more. One route can be a bigger money maker than the other , but if one route makes $ 200 a day @ 8 hours of driving and cleaning there’s a problem.

Dont know if I made sense , hopefully a little sense.

2 Likes

I get what you are saying. Thanks for that

1 Like

Complete sense, my ma!!

1 Like