What do you think of this ladder set up?

…maybe a little less wear and tear on the body.

Indeed, those are electric lines going to the meters. But the only thing that you are going to hit if that ladder falls to the left, is the wall above the exit door.

^^ apparently [MENTION=6741]wcs[/MENTION] thinks “sectionals” are simply parts of a pole :stuck_out_tongue:

I do think sectional LADDERS with levelers would be great for some interior projects though, like circular stairs with high windows.

[MENTION=6741]wcs[/MENTION]

The window cleaning job today needed nose to glass: first stages of hard water stains that needed a lot of bronze wool and elbow grease (now available from Titan Laboratories).

BTW, I just set up my waterfed pole cart and am fine tuning things. I have a carbon fiber SLX and a DIY electric trolley built from wagga’s instructions on youtube. My first WFP attempt a year ago I abandoned: back pack with a crappy composite pole that felt like a wet noodle when extended.

I plan to do initial cleans via nose-to-glass method and offer maintenance cleans with wfp. I think there is a sensible way to utilize both methods to maximum advantage. I can’t give up my ladders. I cant see a WFP cleaning the frames as good as I do by ladder. I brush all the debris out of every little nook, clean up the frames with a magic eraser, and buff the sills with a terry cloth towel.

My experience with the WFP was that it got all the loose stuff off the sill and frames but didn’t do a good job with scuff marks / harder to loosen grime. If you cleaned ther windows every 6 months with the WFP then you’re okay, but a lot of the jobs I do haven’t been cleaned in a couple of years (esp. houses being put on the market).

LOL!

I was just adding something to the thread sectional ladders setup, extension ladders w/stand off setup, and now WFP now its a complete thread just need someone to add what kind of soap and how much should I charge.

I agree Jesse sometimes nose to glass is needed.

[MENTION=6741]wcs[/MENTION]

[COLOR=#000080]I was just adding something to the thread sectional ladders setup, extension ladders w/stand off setup, and now WFP now its a complete thread just need someone to add what kind of [/COLOR][COLOR=#000080]soap[/COLOR][COLOR=#000080] and how much should I charge.
[/COLOR]
TSP, $9 per window, Chevy Vans, Polo Shirts, and Old Spice aftershave - you have all the answers now my friend :wink:

[COLOR=#000080][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][/COLOR]

I don’t agree with this theory of nose to glass even on first time cleaning(if it’s not safe been on ladder)
Safety first for me .

I love my WFP !

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Resource

[MENTION=4561]de.fuller[/MENTION]

Looks exactly like Wagga’s. I ordered all the same parts which he suggested. It has an electric pump. I may need to figure out how to turn down the psi, too much flow currently. The self-contained wfp trolley seems like the best compromise for the houses and terrain where I live. I don’t want to run hoses all around someones house especially the larger houses that have been added onto quite a few times and don’t have many hose spigots.

In our market I believe Jesse is correct. I’ve been doing most of my residential WFP jobs by hand this year and find this to be true.

Ha Ha… Are you just busting my chops? You are correct. I had to push the ladder off the frame to wipe it clean. I never use to take the screens off first from inside so setting the ladder up like that isn’t something I get to do very often. It was more secure than being next to the window on one rail and I liked that, but the frames were a pain to wipe.

PS On a side note the tip off my ladder is wrapped with a terry cloth face towel under the ladder bonnet to soften it, because I was having problems denting window frame wood even with a ladder bonnet. They just don’t build houses the way they use to. I guess they use cheap pine now.

It’s funny how many people say that ladders are so dangerous now that they’ve been using a wfp for awhile. My grandfather on my Dad’s side was a fireman who had a painting business on the side. He climbed ladders into his 70’s. He died in his 80’s in bed. My mother’s father was an iron worker and walked on steel beams 50-100 stories up with no harness. He too passed away at a ripe old age in bed.

Anecdotal evidence is not the same as statistics, but I think people over-hype how dangerous ladders are. You have to know what you are doing and be very conscientious every day - respect the ladder (make sure it is in tip top shape), respect gravity, respect your body (don’t push yourself while you are exhausted, do all the highest work at the beginning of the job while you are the freshest)

I love the feeling of being up on a ladder looking out over the ocean while cleaning windows or gutters. I’ve seen better views than the owners of the house I’m working on.

Keep rocking the sectionals, Mike :slight_smile:

If you’re afraid to climb a ladder I’m not sure if being a window cleaner is a good career choice. Just saying … lol

Firefighters don’t climb ladders unless someone is at the bottom footing it. They also do 2 man ladder raises; one in front and one behind. They also wear helmets. (I know because I have one :slight_smile:

Yes, if your afraid of heights, this might not be a good job for you. But, working smarter and harder is better than just working harder.

Nose to glass has it’s place and so does WFP. The less you expose yourself to danger, the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

There is nothing wrong with that set up its perfect.

How are you suppose to hit this window with a extension ladder just saying not trying to start ladder wars .

This is same set up but other side im righty don’t know why I did it that way , but can clean with both hands.

How do you get the top interior window from that position?

[MENTION=9844]dnefox[/MENTION]

You do half then move to the other side an do the other half.

I’m not really crazy about doing 5 piece work either it gets a little bendy , but most houses are 3 n 4 piece ladder work anything over that I use a wfp

Absolutely agree to this…

When I have someone I trust footing the ladder, it’s like I have an extra set of kahunas… Leg lock and lean back baby!

Why in the world would you want to do this? Placing the ladder off the frame with a stand off seems the best plan for ease of cleaning, ease equals speed.

looks fine, inside or out. angles are right, watch the settle on the feet…

i’ve had the same view many times, keep the metal off the glass and your good.

the rest is just opinion… including this…

[MENTION=20262]Bunkerboot83[/MENTION]