What do you truly need to get your window cleaning business started?

IPC Eagle offers a couple fo starter kits for beginning window cleaners. We are considering adding or taking away from theses kits in the future. Let us know what you think every beginner should be sure to have to get started?

Kit #1: Tubex Holster - Tubex is an innovative multipurpose tool holster wherein the minimum possible space you can keep a squeegee (with channels of various sizes) and the window washer wet and ready for use without dripping. Commercial Window Cleaning Equipment | Tubex Holster | IPC Eagle

Kit #2: IPC Eagle Kristalset provides what you need to get started with ease! This kit is for those who are serious about window cleaning, this window cleaning kit comes in a carrying carton and contains everything you need to start window cleaning. http://ow.ly/YZH9a

Kit contains:
25, 35, 45cm channel with rubber, squeegee handle
Replacement squeegee rubber
Scraper holder and blades
35cm window washes applicator
Sponge
Cranked offset adaptor
Deluxe window scraper and blades
Telescopic pole (2 x 1.25 meter)

We value your professional opinion, are these kits what a beginner would need to get started?
What should we add or take away from the kit?

You guys should sell big bags of want to with maybe a little have to mixed in.

1 Like

We value your professional opinion, are these kits what a beginner would need to get started?
What should we add or take away from the kit?

For anyone who might read this, including the guy who started the thread about getting a van, and then hundreds of dollars worth of other equipment: After working for a window cleaning company in America for about two years (and always being a bit entrepreneurial) I got married to a Welsh girl, in Wales. I bought an 18" squeegee and went to work. For a strip washer I would lay a piece of old towel across the squeegee and wet the windows down. Then I would remove the piece of towel and squeegee off the window. Then another piece of dry towel would be used to trim up the corners of the windows. I used this method for about 10 months until our immigration paperwork was finished and we moved back to the US.

That is all “you truly need to get your window cleaning business started”. I know this is not really the kind of answer that IPC Eagle was looking for. But it might actually help some young person who wants to get started making some money part time without spending a ton of cash that they may not have right away.

1 Like

Kit #1 has no BAOB, and I sure would not use a mop holder that puts the wet mop on my side. That mop holder has zero use or value in my opinion. So basically you are selling a double squeegee holster, which I can buy without buying a “kit”.

Kit#2 has no BOAB, and the pole is pretty short. Probably fine for interior windows and lower commercial, but I would want options for wider channel geared more toward the commercial application of this kit. I wouldn’t buy this kit for residential cleaning, but instead for commercial. And this kit misses key things I would want.

Our Window Cleaning Starter Kits are pretty popular.

@Ipc_Eagle take a look at this one its our best seller. Completly compiled by WCR forum members suggestions years ago: https://shopwindowcleaner.com/expert-starter-kit.html