What size strip washer for resi?

I use a 22 all day unless something else is called for. Toying with the idea of bumping my go-to up to 24

4 Likes

I too use a 14" mop all the time. I have a 22" mop, made my shoulders and wrist hurt. Store fronts 14" swivel mop on a pole. Resi 14" fixed handle mop, and for tall windows or hard to get to windows I go back to the 14" swivel handle.
I really like the scrubbing peessure I can get with the 14" mop.
For cut ups I use solution soaked brasswool to wet the surface. Used to use a wetted tightly folded huck towel to wet the cut-ups…but sometimes I’d get a bad towel that left more lint than I liked. Brasswool works pretty good for me on cut-ups

3 Likes

@WVWindowWashing

18" route and commercial

14" or 18 residential.

4 Likes

Maybe you’ve got arms like Stallone? And mine look like Mr Burns? Just a hunch of my own…

3 Likes

@BostonMike I’ll have to get a 6" mop and give this a try. What kind of sleeve do you like to use on that?

No way. Average maybe below average. My post was about me having less pressure and the smaller mop taking over. Haha

I think Pulex is the only one that makes a 6" sleeve. The micro fiber one is their best seller. Do you do a lot of cut ups? In New England EVERYBODY has cut ups. I wouldn’t bother with it unless you’re doing a lot of cut ups.

2 Likes

Is there a way to still learn from him? Any videos you suggest? Or maybe you can continue the legacy? :wink:

You’re funny

2 Likes

I’ve seen some guys on YouTube with their 24" mops hanging out of their BOAB. I bet that would be a great specialty item.

1 Like

I’d still like to get a 24" for poling big glass. I feel like it’d be physically manageable since you’re using two arms.

My routes are all small glass in old New England villages. Nothing big like car dealerships. Those jobs are ball busters so I never called on them. For big glas you need big gear.

5 Likes

No, I don’t do a lot of cut ups here in Corpus. I have been doing a lot of ‘first ever’ cleans and was looking for an alternative to brass wool scrubbing and razor scraping
Thought a smaller mop might help a little. Look at getting a small battery operated buffer. LOL

1 Like

That’s a tuff combo to beat. :sunglasses:

1 Like

90% 18, otherwise a 22

14, 10, and on rare occasion 6. Only do residential, and 18 seems likely it doesn’t scrub as well for baked on infrequent cleans.

1 Like

i only own a 10 14 and 18 inch strip washer anyway. thought about buying a 22 but my 18 seems to work fine.

4 Likes

No need unless your doing commercial

1 Like

Where I’m at, you are better off having two, because the seasalt in the air and the windows haven’t been cleaned in so long. Even when I was cleaning in Tulsa, sometimes I use a clean one for the insides because the outside mop got so nasty dirty.
In fact, for the exterior I usually use a bucket, for my water; and, on the inside I use a tote tray to carry my ‘interior gear.’

Oh, 14" wand. I have a 24" wand, as well. Haven’t had much use for it down here yet.