What size strip washer for resi?

The ideal size for residential is 10" strip washer. You are not going to save any time using a larger one on most houses.

4 Likes

ā€œIdeal Sizeā€ is subjective and a little territorial, based on local standard home construction.

14" Requires slightly more pressure to use than a 10" yet it covers a third more space and requires less repetitive motion of the rotator cup. Same can be said when comparing squeegee sizes.

And it doesnā€™t fall out of your boab as easily.

2 Likes

The 10" strip washer has never fallen out of my BOAB. OK OK it fell out once. :open_mouth:

6 Likes

The Unger bucket would have to be tipped greater than 90Ā° (basically horizontal) to fall out. The top side of the strip washer only extends about 3" above the bucket. It is basically impossible to fall out.

2 Likes

6, 10, and 14" for me. I probably use the 10" strip washer the most.

2 Likes

Since you showed me yourā€™sā€¦Iā€™ll show you mineā€¦

The one on the left, in the pictures, is a new one. The one on the right, in the pictures, has been modified over the years.

2 Likes

Ahhhhā€¦ Iā€™ve only ever used the ninja and stuff falls out, particularly my 12" squeegee.

Thatā€™s not your residential setup is it? Seems like youā€™d have a lot of drips.

You could put a blue ankle style crew sock over the end of your bucket to catch drips. Itā€™ll also help keep your bucket looking good: when the sock gets dirty, toss it out.

1 Like

Maybe you should do something different if you are having problems with your tools falling out. Our guys are always climbing over balconies and railings, it stays secure in place.

5 Likes

Maybe for you, and your tiny windows, here where the average pane is (let me get a tape measure)30"X45", I only use a 18" unless I have cut ups.

2 Likes

Yes, I donā€™t have anything under 18

1 Like

@Dee youā€™re one of those that likes their swivel handle swinging loose. I work with a guy that does that also, awkward for me.

1 Like

That is the size I have always used for residential.

Since I tend to wash and rinse out my mop more inside I usually work out of a tote. I always lay down a large towel in front of the window Iā€™m cleaning.

I usually clean my equipment every couple of weeks, usually when I throw my mops in the machine.

Iā€™m also in the process of designing a new BOAB that fits my needsā€¦thatā€™s why I had the pictures readily available.

No, not really. I just have them loose enough I can bend them down or up so they donā€™t stick out and knock things over.

HE_MAN has a video about setting the angle on a swival handle. I thought I was one of the few that did it that way until I seen his videoā€¦really saves on the wrist, elbow, and shoulder.

1 Like

Why?

1 Like

Interesting Chad, I thought you be using a 14 for residential.

Why not?

In case I drop a mop, squeegee, scraper, brush, squirt bottle, etcā€¦

I cover/protect the items the client left in front of a window they & I donā€™t want to moveā€¦last week covered an guitar amp that was older than I amā€¦client didnā€™t want it moved.

I put a towel down to catch the possible debris from cleaning tracks, brushing cobwebs from behind blinds, etcā€¦

For when I have to take screens and storm windows out from the inside and all kinds of nasties fall off.

Etcā€¦etcā€¦

Just like Douglas Adams, I find a large towel very useful. More useful than those stupid little booties (shoe protecters). Even though the booties are annoying I use them too.

4 Likes