Who does post construction cleanup on new builds? (the house, not just windows)

Ain’t that the truth.

So how many crew members do you normal use for normal CCU ups? Whats the average time from beginning to end ?

Normal house, sent 1 person to do ISW, if we start before carpet, el, water. 1 person can do ISW in 2 to 2.5 hrs. Depends on how much paint and plaster. Took me 2.5 hrs with 17 dbls, an arch above (covered with overspray) rear window of door with fake french panel. Windows do not have to be perfect now. Much more dust and fingerprints to come. Idea is to get paint off frames. Much of ccu is to get rid of dust and stuff from baseboards, carpet edges the little fuzzies etc… Painters can just come in and go this way. If we have 2 folks then 1 does ISW and other starts kitchen or bathrooms. Window person pickup where other has not been. Could spend 4-6 hrs. Depends how much detail you get into. We have had touchups that took an hour because we were very picky on final. OSW usually takes me 1.5 hrs. I slow down a lot when scraping due to cement on window, like in my album called bad windows. Yesterdays OSW glob.
Total time 8 to 10 hrs with windows (4), final (4) and touch up (2). Maybe add hour if really trashed. 2 folks maybe 6. I’ll ask one of our girls how long she took on the final yesterday 4 bedroom 2 baths
latest house will take 12 hrs total. Mainly because when we took back the account the subs were out of control so we have the builder’s foreman putting his foot down. Changed sub painters and wall guys. Not as bad as before. 8-10 avg if good. 12 if bad. Custom homes are usually 12 up to 14 because a few more windows, usually about 20 and more tile, wood or laminate type flooring. Does not include PW of garage, porches, and walk ways. This is separate.

Thanks for the info @Jackllfiit.

lol sound like youve done a couple.:rolleyes:

saw it done once. I’ll stick to doing the windows. I let the girls do the inside. I do out unless it just sucks so I do inside as well to save labor and let then start other jobs. My wife was pretty quick on ISW. Scraping wiz. Due to breast cancer and shoulder problems (possibly from all the windows she has done). Cannot do it too much any more. I just cant get faster because too picky on the frames and want the glass to be move in ready that day.

$.20 per sq ft. Windows separate and are usually a cost plus for my builders.