Why so few people using Gutter Vacs over here

Hey Guys,

I came to Canada 5 years ago to start a window and Gutter Cleaning business,
Things are so far behind here. I’m the only guy within 100k using pure water out of about 30 window companies.
We use a vac to 55 ft plus with a huge shop vac, way better than ladders or cherry pickers.
What we need is a good supplier of gutter vacs in Canada or the US rather than shipping in from the UK.
Any thoughts

Bill

Streak Free Windows & We Suck Gutter Vacuuming

I read your other post (the one Chris started) And I just can’t picture how your gutter vac works… any pics or videos to share?

I don’t know about anyone else but the gutter vac I saw online looked questionable as to weather or not it would be another tool sitting in my shed that I never use. What gutter vac do you use and where can one be purchased? How well does it work?

Hey guys

Just as big a shop vac as you can get and a set of Gardiner pole base sections.
Loads of videos on you tube from the UK just check out gutter vac.
I did just over 100 houses and the hose only blocked once.
You can buy everything on line from the UK but the machine that was on the other opost costs thousands and does not work as well as a decent shop vac. (my opinion)
You can get a decent vac for about $900 and the gardiner pole bases cost about $150 each from the UK.
best day this month was just over $2000.00
Better money than the windows but only just.
This is the post popular system in the UK. mine is a DIY version of this.
http://www.omni-guttervac.com/

Bill
Streak Free Windows & We Suck Gutter Vacuuming

Yo Billy,

Good to see you on the forum…Welcome !

Say are you saying 2000 a day ?

Dangerous

That was the biggest day so far this year on gutters,
Got a few more big days coming up over the next few weeks
Dont work every day I tend to book a whole block together.
Things are pretty good up here.

Bill

Has anyone checked out this system? I have sent for information on price so I have no idea yet what it costs. Looks pricey but the videos look like it works good.

Clean Gutters Fast, Easy, and Safely with GutterKeeper

Check it out. I look forward to your opinions?

And with all the homes you’ve done, are you saying you never had to go up on the ladder? And being in Canada, what do you do late fall when the debris is frozen in spots? What about those pesky strainers that people have at the entry point of the downspouts? I know there is usually severe blockage around there. And what about other debris like branches, loose roof shingles, kids toys (I see it all the time)?

I ask all these question because I,d hate to shell out a lot of money on a gutter vac only to have to resort to traditional methods as well.

Years ago, I think it was $4-5K to start.

2000 was your biggest DAY ! Wow that’s huge…not quite 600 an hour but pretty pretty pretty sweet !

How do you get to second story gutters that are over another roof… I think Mark’s questions are worth hearing the answer to !

Do you ever need to walk the roof or use the ladder ?

The D-Man

hI Guys,

That big job was all three story town homes Three on the front and two stories on the back.
Takes about 20 minutes per property
2000 was a 9 hour day os only $230 an hour not $600 (i wish) That was a good day.
Most houses bill out at about $125 to $150 an hour.
Everything gets sucked out even small kids toys which end up in the vac, Bigger things and shingles just stick to the nozzle and you lift them out and turn the vac off and they fall to the floor. Got a mirror on to check the job is done properly.
Just ordered a bullet cam and PVR for the higher jobs so we can give the customer a video of the completed job.

Never ever walked a roof to dangerous and time consuming to install tie offs and these types of buildings don’t have certified tie offs to connect to.
Worksafe will not let me just walk around on someones roof.

Touch wood the vac has sucked everything out so far. If we get a gutter with standing water where the blockage may be in the downspout we always squirt water with a hose into the gutter to make sure it it running clear.

Never had a complaint or call back so far … Touch wood. I don’t want to put a ladder up… If i get that call i will.

When the stuff is frozen I am not working its that simple, I am out on Vancouver Island which has very mild winters.

The fact is the vac sucks all the crap out even the grit from the shingles. The pole weighs nothing so you can work all day For a three story house the pole with top attachment only weighs about 4 pounds,

Bill

What make and model vac do you have? What size capacity and power? I wouldn’t want to get one at that price that is too weak to do the job. Thanks

Hi Phil,

NDD900 | NaceCare Solutions

I use the wet and dry version of this. Next one needs a blower port to blow blockages out from the bottom.

Try your local hire center and hire one for the day only about $30 you can make the rest up from any good hardware superstore to give it a try.

make sure you get 50 mm hoses though the standard 38 will clog up too easily.

Any more questions just ask.

Bill

diywaterfedpole Forum :: View topic - How to DIY a Gutter Sucker

This is where it all started DIY for the taller buildings, some guys still use this system.

Bill

Whoa,

Bill this thread is picking up steam ! Are you saying you can rent this stuff , like home depot or lowes ! You’ll be able to use a blower with that tool also ! How much is this kinda rig and what is the link to check your kinda of tool !

Dave

I like the idea of renting one to see how it works, before spending a bunch of money. Thanks for the info.

You can rent the vac unit from any tool rental place but will probably come with a 38 mm hose, This can work if the stuff up there is not to big,
Most diy centers sell cheep plastic vac hoses for about $20.00 Get some plastic waste pipe and some glue to bond them together and a Light pole.
2 inch aluminium will work at about $10.00 for a 10 ft length. you need 2 for 2 story houses .
If you hire the vac all the cheapest pole stuff should cost no more than $50.00
mine is all diy so if you want some photos i can upload them on here.
Just let me know,
If any of you have a gardiner pole superlite sitting doing nothing now the weather is turning, get it out and suck some gutters.

Bill

1 Like

Yeah Bill put up the picture and educate us…Thanks

Dange

Please show us your set up. You could be a hero for those of us who clean gutters.

Hey Bill,

I had a gutter cleaning job on Friday - tall, two-story house. Gutters were FILLED w/ needles, leaves, twigs etc. Took me 4 hours for 200’ of gutter due to landscaping. All I could think about was this thread and how you could have done that job in what? 90 mins?

And yes, please post those pics! Esp pics of the pole and how you rigged up the gooseneck at the top.