Why so few people using Gutter Vacs over here

Thanks for sharing this info! What brand of vacuum are you using, do you think it has enough power for 30+ ft. pole work.

Thats awesome… does the camera link to a little monitor? Or do you have to review it later?

I used my pole set 32ft with no problem with suction at all, I would say it should be good to 40ft. Anything past that then Im not sure.

3 Motor Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaner - Car Valet Products

Im not sure who makes it as ive seen the excat some vac sold on ebay and others sites it just has different company name on it. This model sells for about 400 on ebay, they sell it for 280 on this site with free delivery

It links to the moniter

Kool setup…get that money son

Anyone have success using Bill’s techniques/set-up with wet heavy debris in gutters? Anyone try and give up as it didn’t work out as described?

Good question mark!

I know Bill lives/works in the same heavily forested and soggy Northwest climate that I do so if it works well here it would probably work well anywhere.

Pass

I have a gutter vac system that I bought in from jgcleaners that was a piece of crap, pole sections were 2 1/2 ft long plastic that really flexed in the middle, the vac itself was Ok’ish but would spew water from the blower port if lots of water was present. Having invested $1,700 I was not letting it go so revamped my setup (spoke with Bill a lot) bought in smooth bore hose, carbon fibre pole sections and saw some improvement but I still would put the ladder up to check.

Last fall I switched the vacuum over to a rigid 6.5 hp and it worked better but still not 100% perfect. I am still in search of the perfect vacuum with more water lift. In the uk they run 220volts so you can have a vac with 3 motors, the gutters have the brackets underneath so it’s all flat with no pins in the way …

i am still trying to perfect a vacuum system to get one that truly works with the real soggy stuff and big leaves pine needles etc … Am I cleaning gutters this season? No too much hassle and people here baulk when you try to get what the jobs worth

I don’t think I would ever have my gutters cleaned this way! Unless you run water through the gutters and make sure the downspouts are un clogged you’re not doing any good. You could do the best job in the world cleaning those gutters but if the downspouts don’t flow you didn’t do any good. I believe all gutter should also be visually inspected which of course means using a ladder… there are always short cuts in this business but they always are not as good as the real thing… like the water fed pole system it is not as good as being face to face with that window…

Jesse Lofgren you must have a person doing a bad job if you really think that pure water cleaning is not better than face to face, i have 1000 clients and never a complaint

Bill,
I know this is an old post. Are you using a generator to run your vac or just plugging into outlet? I’m under impression needing to bring own power source. What vac are you using? Rhg Vac?

I have a question about the Gutter Vac system. It sounds great in that employees would not need to be on roofs or high ladders exposing themselves to dangerous falls. However, the home owner wants to make sure that his downspouts are working correctly, so wouldn’t you still have to get up on ladders to spray water down each downspout? Also, what about those downspout strainers? Would your vac suck those up too?

In my experience most downspouts can be cleared from the ground by running a snake (for drains, make sure to cut the tip off the front so it doesn’t get stuck). You can use pvc to make a pole with a “hook” on the end that attaches to do a garden hose to flush gutters from the ground.

… The most important stats for any vac are airflow(cfm) and waterlift (suction).
The size/power/watts/amps of the motor(s) is not all that relevant, though can be very rough guidelines.