Window cleaners *you're* doing it ALL wrong!

I was reading on your forum that you stopped cleaning windows about 3 years ago?

1 Like

I showed some of these wrapped vehicles to my wife and few of her friends and the general consensus was that the uber fancy wraps scream “expensive” to them. One lady said she would be sure to get a second bid if someone showed up in a “show quality” vehicle.

I personally tend to agree from my own experience. I had some electrical work done and the guy shows up in a brand new F 250 4x4 with chrome wheels, chrome push guard, aluminum ladder racks, fancy graphics, the whole works. Believe me his prices matched his truck, high.

Don’t get me wrong, in a big market I don’t think it matters if your custom ride causes some people to think you’re too expensive but in a small town like I live in it could work against you.

We have started to go with the basics. Window cleaning, power washing, roof washing-phone number and website. Put them big enough for everyone to see. Gotten more calls since this. Go push your carpet broom around. Van looks kind of busted tbh…

Not that I’m any kind of expert, but it seems that a logo such as the ‘Golden Arches’ or Target’s Bullseye and their commercials are more brand strong than an explosion of colors and characters. Smaller is sometimes larger.

1 Like

…he says, less than an hour after he calls people here “dumb”, “stupid”,“delusional”, and “confusing”.

Rob welcome… I’ll read what you have to say. Just like I read what chris l , ron m and anyone else post. Its up to a individual to decide if the info is right for their business.
TMF rocks…I joined a couple months ago.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

It’s like Ricky Bobby. As long as you preface your statement with “with all due respect” then it is fine.

I have a huge logo on my crew cab, but when I letter up my trailer im going huge with services, website and my number.

For a very new guy just getting ready to put my first flyers in the air, I find this a very interesting thread. There is a
wide mix of opinions, thoughts, and comments belonging to a similar wide mix of personality types. Throw in the the
huge amount of professional pride and experience on the job, regardless of specialty, now you have a thread which a
new guy like me can learn from.

For me it’s not about the truck wrap or what info it has or doesn’t have on it.
I/we will get what we like or want, because we can, we own the business!
More importantly for me it will have to fit in the start up budget, (read magnetic signs at first).

I am most impressed that WCRA members are willing to consider the other guys perspective regardless of how it is presented,
even to the point of doing some on the fly research to see if there might be something to it. This shows me, a new guy,
that members want to gather all the facts and information available, so it can be presented on threads like this one to
benefit all.

In the end we will choose the advertising that best fits our business needs, and yes, our personalities.
But for a new guy it is great to have the most amount of information so I can compare.

Thanks
Bob

1 Like

Thats is a nice trailer rig. Man I am a total geek for wash trailers.

MAybe different target market

Its not done yet…lol I just bought some more steel to make racks for buckets.(stackable 3 high 7 across) I’m tired of the cludder and being illegal having a unsecured load. I’m also going to extend the top 4 feet to run signage. 4 by 16 Where the large tank is I’m going to box that with signage. 4 by 7. Still need to add a vac. And another hot box. Baby steps…I just got that shop so if anyone sees sparks its just me welding away …lol

Constructive is good. Bashing is bad. I’m a carpet and window cleaner who likes this board. I’ve spent a little time on TMF, but rarely go there b/c of the ego’s and bashing that goes on frequently there. I hope this kind of BS doesn’t end up here.

Walmart has “man” pants on sale. I suggest you run down and buy a pair.

:slight_smile:

Correct. We now sub them out to a cleaner now.

Look just because you use a trailer to clean doesn’t mean you have to clean trailers. Target the higher clientele and give up your day job.

I wish I could afford some wal mart man pants. Being bottomless with a crappy truck wrap is really starting to bum me out.

Now your getting it.

One of my other “carpet brooms”…

Baddest Truck Mount for Carpet Cleaning on the Planet by TruckMountForums - YouTube

//youtu.be/girHwhw76ZE

That was said in humor mixed with shock and awe to draw attention to the fact wraps must be done right. They are too expensive for a small company to make a big mistake on.

Art doesn’t get through thick heads. A hammer can. I know. I am a recovering hard head. Wish someone would have knocked me upside the head when I started.