Window cleaners *you're* doing it ALL wrong!

In spite of Rob’s obnoxious style, he does make a valid point. I wish I had made my first wrap simpler and easier to read and less stylistically appealing.

I actually agree with you to an extent. We started our company over 25 years ago. We started with that look and now it is ingrained in our 5 city area. It’s not bad but it could be better. Want others to learn from my mistakes.

On the flip side my target is 30+ yr old middle to upper income women who have become educated consumers. I know my target clientele wants not only clean but healthy. So going green is popular now but we went green before everyone else. Worked for us but in retrospect I probably could have done better. But who couldn’t?

Now go continue to read and learn what women want.

My gorgeous wife had the same reaction 32 years ago.

So stirring things up has a positive upside. It gets you outside your comfort zone. If you are “comfortable” then move on. If you are stuck in a “job” then read on.

Not treating anyone like an “idiot”. It’s your perception and inability to read between the lines that offends. Basically what I am saying we are “all works in progress”. If I helped just one person understand what there “target” is then I have accomplished my purpose to help them progress. Isn’t that what these forums are for?

You assume people care what you have to say. First mistake.

Did miami high rise change his name and avatar?

Dude your five pages in you care.

Forums typically work best when someone asks a question and people respond with answers based on their experiences. Busting down the door and saying window cleaners are doing things wrong is not only tactless but unproductive. Even if what you have to say is halfway legit, insulting your audience is a great way to not get people to listen.

*you’re
And some just enjoy a good train wreck. Don’t really care what’s being said.

So many think they are experts on the old interweb.

1 Like

He’s still young; maybe he’ll learn one of these days.

Actually, he has it all figured out…he was “green” before anyone else…he wants us all to learn from his mistakes, and be like he is now – brilliant and perfect. Also, he isn’t arrogant or obnoxious. He is just trying to make a point, and teach all of us simpletons something new.

So glib and clever with his replies. Sharing his wisdom from his pedestal on high, with us the common, closed minded people.

I am 5 ft 8 in and I can touch the net on a 10 ft basketball goal

Lol, I can see how you might think that but it isn’t the case.

Look, you’re not here to help anybody. You’re an ego maniac who wants to promote your own forum and sell your carpet cleaning crap. Don’t pretend to know anything about me or my market, Get lost.

Well… I wouldn’t hire him to clean my carpets. Apparently I need a big sign on my truck.

This is the first impressive thing I’ve read on this thread. Bravo!

Come on window washers. It’s all good humor. Do the math. In less than 12 hours this thread has had almost 1,500 views,almost 60 replies and I’ve received 5 likes. I just had my last post deleted. Double standard exists here. Others can bash and say get lost but rebuttals are removed. Really?

This will be my only thread. Like I said in the post that was removed ya’ll can go back to your befuddled wraps. Besides,dirt is dirt. No ego here. We’re basically rug and window janitors in the public eye. With closed minds that what we will stay. Carry on.

This thread shows that controversy can gain attention. I wish we lived in a world where substance got attention and not pointless rhetoric.

PS I love my befuddled wrap :slight_smile: