Window Cleaning Business Is Dead

Window cleaning business is dead. Business are cutting prices on their window cleaning and big window cleaning companies are losing their contracts to smaller companies and smaller window cleaning companies do not have the resources to handle big jobs. Window Cleaning Supply Companies are slicing their prices to make break even point best time to buy equipments
The economy will recover by 2019. The will be lot of tough changes in our industry- window cleaning. Business demanding more services with less pay. I have heard and read that window cleaning business is recession prove business does not true. Some companies are not cleaning their window or have cut # times the window are clean in a year

The residential market is alive and well… There is plenty of work out there… You just need to look around a bit… Stay positive :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see that this is your first post here. I suggest you stick around for a while, read through the many forum sub-sections and you’ll be exposed to a wealth of information how many companies have actually thrived over the last couple of years. It definitely is a different time for window cleaning when it comes to building and keeping storefront work which is why many are turning their attention to residential. The money per job is more lucrative and the addition of add on services help to keep the money flowing.

I wish you the best of luck with your business in 2011.

This post is ridicules…

most companies do not offer one product or one service. it’s like investing. you want a porfolio with at least a couple places you have your money.
you should look into other things you can do besides just cleaning windows.

1 Like

Stay positive enviro, my business has steadily grown the past 3 years. I made more money this year than I expected with a very promising 2011.

Its not dead, not by a long shot. You do not have to lower prices to stay alive friend, you just need to show why they should pay you and not a smaller company. The sky ain’t falling.

1 Like

It’s only dead for the folks who sit around and do nothing because they believe it’s dead.

Those who take advantage of this time by adapting to the change in the economy thrive. Some of our greatest, strongest and oldest companies today were started during the great depression.

Go out and get 'em!!!

Jeremy Anglin
Reflections Window Cleaning
Spokane, WA

Yes, it is dead. It is a big waste of time to start a window cleaning company, especially in my area and in my friends’ areas.
Quit while you’re ahead!
:smiley:

1 Like

I was just going to say, some people became millionaires even during the great depression.

For that statement I’m claiming Hattiesburg, MS as MIIIIIIINE!:stuck_out_tongue:

The business is not dying. Many of these guys that you can learn a lot from are earning more per hour than the people on the other side of the glass.

If this is the same “Enviro” from a few months ago, I’m sorry to hear that you are slow. That being said, I do remember a lengthy discussion here about you traveling 2 hours for a $30 job (something like that), and that you were given a lot of solid advice on how to up your income in reasonable ways.

The best advice I can give, once again, is to think globally and act LOCALLY. Get yourself a map and highlighter and mark off every area within 10 miles of you that has income potential. If you’re slow, make up some photocopied fliers and spend your downtime putting fliers on every door you can instead of spending your time sulking about your lack of business. I have not had more than 2 hours putting fliers on doors go by without scoring some sort of residential work. It works.

I am in an extremely oversaturated market, dealing with everything from the lowest priced Bucket Bob’s doing 10-window-storefronts for $5 to competing with uber-established residential window cleaning and marketing giants. Even with all this competition, I thrived in my first year of business, crappy economy and all, and I’m certain I will double the healthy amount of money I made this year in 2011.

Its all what you make of it, Enviro. You sound like you’re giving up, and once you have that attitude you’re going to fail. Change it up, break your a$$, and watch what happens :slight_smile:

I did research and alot of window cleaning business went out of business. Even Medical doctors went out of business some even traded their service for chicken.

Don’t let what happens to others dictate what happens to you. I know of 3 wc’ers in town that folded in the past few years, and businesses are folding left and right. Not to mention a LOT of people are fleeing NJ because everything is so expensive.

If window cleaners are going out of biz in your area, they’re leaving opportunities open for you

I sold my residential window cleaning business to a gentleman in March of this year, and it grew by 40% for him, with next to no effort.

The window cleaning industry is not dead. Don’t give up.

But you need to change your approach.

Don’t worry about people that predict economic recovery 10 years from now.

You can create your own economy. You are a small business owner.

I dont know if you are being serious or not. If not, log off your computer and go sit in a corner and weep. If you are being serious, order the WCBO magazine and look at the last question that Chris asked me. I told him 3 things that someone could do to get more business, do all three and start getting busy. We are in a dead economy all over, and yet my company, like many on this forum, had our biggest and most profitasble year ever!!! Done whine about it, go out and get busy!!

windowman

We quadrupled our business this year, just by simply going after it. Many small business owners in a down economy go into “turtle shell mode” and cut marketing to practically nothing, saying they only want to survive.

I’m contemplating right now going to get some storefronts to kick off 2011. My gut tells me I bet a lot of W.C. in my area have hunkered down in the winter and are not servicing their routes. Good chance to get some glass, work on our skills before we hit resi this spring.

I’m not sure if the poster is trying to inform all of us about something, if the poster wants or needs help, or if he/she is just pouting. There doesn’t seem to be any clarification or questions.

People and businesses will always need window cleaning. If you’re not up for finding work then it’s pretty simple: do something else. I just started this year and have exceeded my expectations. Maybe I’ve been lucky (doesn’t hurt) but I still see that there is a lot of glass to be cleaned.

If you’re just having a hard time drumming up business then you might ask some questions to the people here that are experienced and successful. It hasn’t cost me anything and I’ve learned a ton.

BTW successful business owners (while I’m at it) thanks for sharing all the advice and experiences you have had. It has made a great deal of difference to me personally. Here’s to an even better 2011!

Why did you sell it? are you sensing the future in the window cleaning.
You are the expect, tell us about the forecast of window cleaning business in the next 10 years. Please don’t tell me is going to be all good .

I sold it so that I could focus on helping other window cleaners instead. It was cramping my lifestyle by running a business and being a consultant.

As it turned out, now I’ve decided to launch a brand-new window cleaning company in 5 markets simultaneously in the next few months, and the company will be positioned as the most expensive window cleaning company in North America. Like twice as much as the highest current companies.

So yes, I truly believe that the economy is irrelevant.

You create your own economy Enviro.

Are people driving new cars? Buying new clothes? Eating out at restaurants? Buying homes? Furniture? Booking fun vacations?

Stop listening to all this doom-and-gloom economy nonsense. It’s irrelevant to you.

You can really make your own economy.

How many clients do you need to pay your rent/mortgage, and provide for your family?

Not a lot, right?

You can do it, and faster and easier than you currently think.

1 Like