Window cleaning isn't just a luxury, it's good medicine

Just got some great feedback from a residential client. She’s a widow who lives alone in a house literally right on the beach. She let her windows get pretty dirty, thinking she couldn’t afford it.

She just called to thank me for how good she’s felt since I washed them. Said she’s considering the cost to be “half maintenance, half therapy.” That’s what I’m talking about!

I’ve heard it said in some videos that window cleaning is totally optional, even a luxury. I disagree.

I clean windows because clean windows make me feel good. I really like how they seem to just disappear. In fact, that’s why I don’t mind seeing filthy windows when I show up. “The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory.”

Plenty of my clients have said they feel better after I’m done. What’s the point of having a view home if you can’t enjoy the view? Studies have shown that beauty is good for what ails you.

That’s why I say window cleaning isn’t just a luxury, it’s good medicine.

8 Likes

It’s the main reason why we were still busy during Covid, and recessions. It’s a mental health thing. Pressure washing slacks off and window cleaning keeps going. My body however, not so much.

2 Likes