Window Cleaning Quoting/Pricing Australia

Hi Everyone

Quoting Window Cleaning Jobs

As my company is growing I would like to make some changes to our quoting system and come up with a more concrete and efficient way to quote

I have currently been quoting by just winging it based on each situation but that is too involved

I was wondering how others on here would quote their windows? Per job? Per hour? Per pane (how much per pane and size)?

Trying to find a quoting method that takes less time out of my day as we currently offer multiple services :slight_smile:

We are based out of a small country town but still 1 hour out from a major city, majority of our work is residential but I am game for some commercial work if it comes my way (gotta sort out my business before I get my fingers in all the pies)

Welcome!

How long have you been quoting that way? I am not saying it’s wrong, just that it will require more effort the longer you have done it.

We have been quoting mostly based on past data. What I mean is that at the end of each job, we pull the analytics to see the time it required (labor hours), glass count (however you want to do that) and then the rate to come up with hourly breakdowns. This has helped us see when certain home designs or window placements cost more of our time compared to others.

I have no idea if that makes sense to you, but we are data freaks and love historicals to help our process. We still end up counting the glass and then have a rate per glass (or window, or unit, or pane, etc) and may add hardship costs when estimating. These are hidden in our formula so it’s not as though we show the hardship costs to the client, but they get a final price itself.

I have been doing this for roughly 8 months

You are correct its not really efficient that’s the main reason I am looking at making some changes

Are you based in Australia?

Sorry, no. We live in the Rockies of North America. The long and the short is: There is more than one way to clean a window, including estimating. When we reached out 8 month period, that is when we started the method I mentioned above. I thought of making an App for ourselves, but it seemed to not be worth it for us as you still have a fluid variable such as hardship costs.