Window screen removal on buildings over 3 story's

I need to figure out a cost and time effective way to remove window screens on higher commercial buildings. I use a water fed pole to clean the windows, and need a faster way to remove window screens. Right now I climb up a ladder to remove each screen, but I am looking a jobs with over 200 screens. Let me know if anyone has good experience with a lift, or getting the apartment’s/condo tenets to remove the screens, or even a tool to use from the ground.
Thanks for the feedback people

Most when dealing with commercial screens and outside only cleaning require the client to remove the screen prior.

I have never had push back to this, not once.

If an apartment, condo type building the potential to be accused of messing up a screen is too great.

1 Like

Upon arrival I take photos of the entire project for insurance purposes. In those photos it clearly shows any remaining screens. It states in our contract that any screens not removed the day of the service will not be cleaned. I stick to this too because many will come home and see that we had passed already and then proceed to finally remove their screens expecting us to come back to that side of the building just for them. They are mistaken.

2 Likes

200 screens…Either have property management do it or you do it, from the inside, for a price. Screw ladders for that many screens.

2 Likes

Here’s the quickest way to get the screens removed. Give them a separate price. One for cleaning the windows and one for removing and replacing the screens.

1 Like

Thanks for everyone’s responses, I will take these into consideration, and figure out a solution. Follow Worry-Free Services Regina if you want to watch my window cleaning journey.