Windows after pressure washing

95% of the windows we do are after pressure washing the building. All the dirt and cobwebs are off the windows and window seals. Could I just do an additional rinse with purified water to eliminate the spotting, I stead of a full wfp cleaning? On my quote we clearly state WFP cleaning only, no restoration or hard water spot removal included. I do not do any inside windows at all. 90% of the time the situation is commercial buildings and office parks. Thanks so much in advance.

It could work well, though I feel just rinsing the glass with pure water may no
do the trick. Most glass needs at least a little bit of scrubbing . But even with scrubbing it will be
way faster than mop and squeegee.

5 Likes

Most glass will still need some agitation, even after power washing. Also, if you’re rinsing with the pressure washer instead of the wfp, there’s a much higher chance of dirty water seeping out from seals or somewhere and running down the glass.

Btw, I’ve tried it, and not been thrilled with the results

5 Likes

If you state WFP cleaning then I would just Do it that way.
I’m sure you could get away with just a pure water rinse sometimes , but as long as your charging right just do it.

I will change it up to Pure Water Cleaning if it works. Got a quote to rent some big DI tanks. Does a total cost of about .05 per gallon seem about right? Sorry for the questions but we do 98% commercial pressure washing. Trying to get better and more efficient at the window cleaning end of things.

Completely dependent on the TDS of your water source. Also might depend a little bit on what types of dissolved solids make up that TDS; I believe certain types are “heavier” and will exhaust resin more quickly.

I’d be a little surprised if I spend 5¢/gal on resin, but I’ve never done the math. I have really good water here, 35-45 ppm.

The way I look at the window cleaning (post pressure washing), is that the wfp is a necessary part of it. If you charge correctly for the windows and have a decent pole & brush setup, you should be making just as much per hour with that wfp as you do with the power washer.

The problem is that with a pure water rinse I’d say your going to be using a lot more water than as if you were using the pole with a brush.
The one thing with wFP after power washing is you can move a lot faster an scrub less.
I would say one pass with the Brush instead of two . Use a over head sprayer , an you can fly through the windows.
I wouldn’t stress using a WFP as to just rinsing with water yes it’s less labor intense , but if your getting paid well the money just think about the money while your doing it. Put on some good jams an get to it, Or hire a guy
I have a Friend who’s 98% PW you have to see the window cleaning prices he gives. He doesn’t care if they say no to the Windows.

2 Likes

I appreciate everyone’s input. Majestic - what is the over head sprayer you speak of? I am probably like your friend, I price it high so that they won’t have me do it!! And when they do, it is a really nice bonus!

2 Likes

I’m guessing he means something like this:

https://windowcleaner.com/tucker-over-the-top-rinse-bars

@jeffrobison

Yes what Alex put up

Is there any advantage or disadvantage to the amount of water used when cleaning with a WFP? Mainly concerned with speed, cost of water is not a concern as I use di only and it’s pretty cheap.

If after washing a building would I be able to.go faster with 4gpm, just doing a quick brush and rinse than 1gpm? Or is more water not always a good thing? Thanks, new to the window side of things.