"Worker Enigma "

Hey there Yawl…What’s the issues on this video ? At the end I’ll give what I saw ! Now the vid is a bit fuzzy but you should still be able to see the issues !

Dangerous Dave 2u

//youtu.be/6k_YuLJ3pr0

So come on lets get this ball rolling…Any solid opinions or contrary points of view , how about observations ! Safety is a good issue to be in discussion about so we can all learn !

Dange-Miester

No tie backs on the guy or the rig.

Probably a couple other problems as well.

The guy in the chair didn’t have a safety line…And I think there were no counter weights at the back of the rig.

Dange

[MENTION=327]Dangerous[/MENTION]

Where did you film this?

I was in this building cleaning a few units which is next door to the building those cleaners were on, that building was 4 storeis over the water…I was working up on the 9th floor in the right corner which you see here, this is called the Washington Park Tower, 23 stories !

Dange

Dave,

Forgive my non-high rise knowledge… I thought that one cleans all the way to the ground during a drop, takes the elevator back to the top, moves the rig, and then does another drop?? Sure looks to me like the roof guy is just pushing the rig from one side to the other so that the cleaner can get every horizontal row at once, essentially only making one drop for that entire side of the building. Can you clarify on both things??

You are correct Hersch…On both ways of doing it ! He did it as you said in #2 !

Dr. Dange

Hold on… So the guy is suspended by a single line (no safety line) to a rolling roof rig, which isn’t anchored, and appears to inadequately counterweighted? And he’s letting his buddy on the roof push him back and forth? Dang…

Ones working line and safety line are to be anchored /tied off to a different anchor, in this vid you don’t see his safety line tied back anywhere on the building. He may have tied it to the roof rolling rig but then it makes him in an unsafe situation. If the rig was to flip over the roof or roll off with it it not being tied back then he’d go right down in the water and sink with the rig falling over, hit the pavement if he was working over that.

Dangerous Dave 2u

I hope that’s not our friend Kyle, Dave. He told he was taking pointers from you, now that he’s in the highrise business.

No Josh that’s not Kyle out there…

Dave

Dave did you ever stop and talk to these guys?

No , I was in another building next door and they were in a gated condo that I’d never be able to walk in, plus I’d have to really shout for them to hear me !

2 issues …which is the reason I don’t know !

#1 - First it is the employer having them work like this , which could be or not ! I’m not sure.

#2 - The workers are just cutting corner inspite of what is required by their employer…Just to get through the job fast to get home early and be paid more for less time !

I’m not sure why they did what they did, but it is dangerous and not standard operating procedures for chair work !

If I had spoken to them I would guess they would have ignored me, if they were my employees I would make sure all procedure are safe and proper ! I would of written them up and if they had done it again I would fire them !

I have spoken to guys like this before and for the most part I’m a nobody to them and they will do as they please…But I will still speak my mind if I’m able to !

Dange-Miester

I hope that’s not our friend Kyle, Dave. He told he was taking pointers from you, now that he’s in the highrise business.