I put in a new RO membrane in the Xero Pure, but now no water is coming through. I can’t find any videos or instructions on how to change it, so I don’t know what went wrong.
One thing I did notice is that the membrane I took out had one “male” end, pointing down, and the top was flat. However, the one I bought had the “male” end on both ends. Should the top one not be there? Do I need to take it off somehow? It was the exact same manufacturer and model number on both the old and new membranes.
I don’t know what a Brine seal is, but I just pulled it out and it was put in the same as when I took it out.
Both membranes say Axeon. The old one says HP5-4040, and the new one says HP1-4040. They look pretty much the same with the exception of the double nipple that is open all the way through. I’m stumped.
I let it run for awhile. At least 10 minutes. I didn’t change anything else, but I did check each section individually to make sure something else wasn’t stealing the pressure. It’s definitely the RO.
I just put the old membrane back in and the pressure came out normally. The only difference visible is that the old membrane has a sealed top in the middle and the new one is open all the way through the middle.