Xmas paint removal

How many of you guys did a lot this year. Back in the day I did so much more . I hated it i!! It was always cold an I was told to just use a bucket with ammonia water Sopa in it
Well since being on my own I fined tuned it. I use a small pump sprayer with straight ammonia an a little soap
The trick is to let it dwell til you see it start to bubble an till it comes off like butter. If it is not coming off like butter hit it again with ammonia mix

This is my only job these days that paint up there windows. None seems to do it as much any more . Which is ok bye me. The weather is unreal this year though , so actually wouldn’t mind a few more :sunglasses:

This took me about 45-60 min didn’t actually have a timer on it. Most time was dwell

2 Likes

@marcuswindows made a video of him removing Christmas paint. I believe all he did was put hot water in his pump sprayer. Sprayed it down let it soak and went to town. He kept a 5 gallon bucket with some water to rinse off his scraper after every pull

Never tried just hot water. It will work on water base paint. Not sure how good it would work on oil base paint

1 Like

Try spray away. It’s awesome.

2 Likes

Ha!!! Happpend to see her again this year doing it. Half an hour what the hell. Took a little more than that. How much more don’t know. I tried the spray way it worked , but with the pump up I could put it on faster, an get it up higher .
Try it you might like it :wink: Mikey likes it

1 Like

Looks good Mike!

Customers use to do that a lot a few years back here not so much any more, I also have only one left that does it on a 100 window building.

big plates of glass like that that have been painted it would of been nice to have a 1 foot scraper! lol

1 Like

A few residentials used to paint the interior glass.I used to dread january having to call back to them ha ha.Thankfully not so many do it now anymore.

1 Like

There was an easier way to approach that. My system would have taken you 20min tops. But without actually selling how heavy it thick the coating was my system never gets any paint on the frames or tools. Glad you don’t much of that to do.:wink:

1 Like

Residential ? Really !!!

1 Like

If it’s the snow in a can stuff, just use a damp microfiber to wipe it off. It’s not worth the time using a razor.

1 Like

Yep.Crazy i know but hey i got paid at the end of the day.

Ha ha i wish it was just the snow in a can.

That’s all that matters . Lol!!

1 Like

In all actuality it prob took 10-15 min to actually take the paint off
Would like to know what your process is ? Is it something that can actually make the paint disintegrate

1 Like

10 to 15minutes is good. Did you have anything to clean up off the frame work?

My concoction consist of hot water ammonia easy glide for a the glide and a separate bucket of hot plain water for the paint on the blade to dip in so there is no cleanup. No paint on muy tools or window and frame work. That’s it. That’s a very great system I use and you can’t get to much more quicker than that.it helps to have a sprayer to saturate it once all of them then go back to the beginning and spray the first one again and It should come off like butter. Spray each window as you get to the end keeping sure threat paint its wet and loose.

Two buckets, sprayer and ammonia? Not bad.

My system is a can of spray away and a garbage bag.

3 Likes

Sounds like the same way I’m doing it except no water an no Easy glide. No need for it Just Soap An ammonia.
And of course a bucket of solution to clean my blade An clean the widows once paint is off
lol no paint on tools or frames.

With timing I’m really never in a rush when I do that one particular job so it’s hard to say how long it actually takes. I let it dwell prob longer than it has to It’s winter work is slow. So am I

1 Like

Yeah, never used already away. How is it?

Yeah, sounds like same system. Then I don’t think you can get much quicker than that.

1 Like