Zero-detail plugs for Sorbo channels

Somebody should design some “zero detail” plastic end plugs for the Sorbo cobra channels. I would do it myself, but I haven’t the means (3d printer?) or the technical know-how to draft models in cad.

1 Like

Hasn’t Herman already invented that?

How’s that?

2 Likes

Are these commercially available?

1 Like

@Samuel thought you were a liquidator kind of man?

Ugh. I don’t know what kind of man I am anymore. I’m using Ettore brass for storefront these days.

I don’t use Sorbo stuff either. But I think the cobra would be a natural fit for the zero detail design, since the plastic end plugs are replaceable, and there are a ton of people who own those channels already. So anyone who wanted to upgrade their squeegee could do it without spending a bunch or replacing their favorite kit.

2 Likes

Thats all you need. like your last meme said… :wink:

3 Likes

Hard to beat a modified Ettore brass kit. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

The generations before us just used simple tools and got it done. Nothing better to use then stuff that already has given proven results

3 Likes

Even a standard brass is a nice tool

3 Likes

Yes you are right but there is always room for improvement.
So long as you make it simple.

4 Likes

I like simple :sunglasses:

Hey Herman: looks like somebody copied your original idea again. Not Sorbo

1 Like

WHAT!!! :scream::cry::laughing:
So who would that be then?? :weary:

2 Likes

Why not Sorbo anymore?

I think Sorbo should call Herman but I was talking about blue clips. They look a lot like hermans white clips to me. I’d be willing to bet that Herman’s clips function flawlessly. LOL

1 Like

I actually haven’t ever owned a Sorbo squeegee. I’ve only used them briefly from my brother’s set.

Try it some more! :grinning:
My setup is: Sorbochannels and liquidatorchannels. All depending on the window. Will never go back to like Unger…

2 Likes

I’ve been trying out a 24" sorbo. I’m very happy with the results. It’s unbeatable for large pains. For that circumstance I’ve found it faster than the excelerator. As @whatapane is always trying to tell us, straight pulls with a big channel are just better. Imo, it’s faster even if you have to detail a bit.

My current setup is this: 18" mop and 24" sorbo for jobs with large panes. I keep the 12" excelerator in my boab and an 18" liquidator in my loop. The excelerator is still great for poling small and medium panes. I’ve also been using it as my mop for non-pole height when i need to pull out the liquidator. I’m always evolving, but so far this system has been working nicely.

1 Like

Agree - on big storefronts I prefer big Sorbochannel and the “7-method”.
But if we are two guys and there are big storefronts one guy does the top with the Excelerator and the other guy fan/stroke below.