2023 Updated Pricing

If they only order an exterior clean, then exterior clean only is what they get.

This is why you do insides first so the dirt in the tracks doesnā€™t turn to mud

2 Likes

If is a wooden frame then ladder up and do by hand. $25-35 in and out
If the grid is between the panes that is a 30-45 second job with a pole and Moerman swivel or whatever swivel you use.

EXACTLY! I tell them, First off I quit asking if they want tracks cleaned too. If they ask I tell them we do a light dust. If they press for more: ā€œwe dust the tracks but for an only a $2 we can use a small portable vacuum to get the excess dust out. This does not clean the track, especially if they have been neglected or you have pets. We can deep clean them and make them as clean as possible for $75 per hour. Would you like the free brush dusting or the deep clean?ā€ I intentionally leave the vacuum offer out when I follow up.
Once I started charging for the vacuuming almost everyone quit asking for it too. And I am glad, Vegas gets tons of fine red dust in the tracks.

2 Likes

Yooo thatā€™s smart I need to get me a swivel.

What ladder do you use if you need to remove the mullions? Extension ladder? LG? Iā€™m still not sure if I can get by with only an extension ladder for most jobs

Sectionals !!

No what do you do on muddy tracks when doing insides. Track brush and vaccuum on mud and moss lol

I charge to clean tracks. If they are dirty I clean them.
I charge to clean windows. if they are dirty I clean them.

1 Like

I like the price for the deep clean.
Hereā€™s a video of how we do the deep cleanā€¦

1 Like

Respectable, around here people would just go with the glass and screen guy thats 30% cheaper. Id be through the roof doing that type of track cleaning. I have good customers too but they would laugh if I sent them bids with that type of track cleaning.

You did awesome, That is CLEAN!!! What are you charging for that level of cleaning?

My price per pane is the same as last year but I will be adding a trip/gas charge of $5, $10, $20, etc. I started that extra charge last year but since it was a new addition I frequently forgot to add it. I wonā€™t be so forgetful this year.

1 Like

$40.00/pane

For repeat customers Iā€™m taking their old price and just running it through the https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/. Iā€™ll round down the new total to the nearest $10 or $25 depending on the job size. Inflation will level out eventually, so Iā€™m not worried about recouping every last dollar right now.

New accounts are getting a modest price bump. Iā€™m up to $16/ double hung, $9 / casement. Screen wash included. But Iā€™ve barely quoted any new residential jobs this year; too busy with repeats and commercial & power washing work.

1 Like

I think inflation is doing a number on everyone. I had a customer Friday with a $6-million two story home on the water with big tall windows. I quoted $605 exterior only; she said she couldnā€™t go past $500 so could I do the back windows and inside and outside the garage only. I offered that for $350 and her husband asked for the big front windows around the door (floor to ceiling 2 story) done too - $469. One double hung inside and outside with track and screen is $17.00. Iā€™m not sure my market can bare 11.4% more because I think I may be about right on my pricing for now, but Iā€™ll play with it a bit, especially on smaller homes that arenā€™t already a big ticket job. A little surprised they couldnā€™t go for the whole exterior clean as they were rather dirty. I have a quarterly down the road from them for $1,159 in and out. Everyoneā€™s pocket is different.

Gary ā€¦ Theyā€™re being cheap. 100.00 more than what she expected , or willing to pay. Cā€™mon man ā€¦Stop the nonsense. Donā€™t change your pricing structure , becuase of some penny pinching potential client. I donā€™t see this right now. Some people are just cheap even if they have 6 million dollar house. You just happen to come across one of them. She was trying to get you to come down a hundred. Theyā€™ve been probably doing this therr whole lives with anyone that works for them.
What a joke ! I laugh when I come across this stuff. I can see if it was if it was someone who doesnā€™t have the expendable money. Clearly they do. How many cars did they have 4 - 5 - 6. BMW , Mercedes , Vette , Jaguar , tennis court , Boat , and a 100.00 is going to kill them.
Windows were dirty , and naaaa that 100 is not in our budget. Get out it here. :face_vomiting:
Of course youā€™re going to take therr money and do what they want , but to second gues your pricing , becuase of these two whackos. No no no donā€™t even think about it.

3 Likes

That is her problem. Not yours.

I really donā€™t like people who negotiate on price. If they insist, I agree on the price they are looking for but I lower the scope of work.

Especially right now in busy time, thereā€™s no point in booking someone at a discounted rate.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think I worded my part of it correctly. I am NOT going to reduce my prices, but I do question if doing an 11% jump is possible for most of the folks around here. I didnā€™t and wonā€™t bend on my pricing just to fit their budget(?). I know full well there are folks out there who will try to say they ā€œcanā€™t affordā€ it, but when you observe everything else you have to chuckle and shake your head like - riiggghhtt.
Funny thing is, for a just a little more to meet my price they could have had all of the windows cleaned exterior.

1 Like

Try it, most likely it is possible. I used to think the most I could charge per window was $10 based on what my dad and his partner used to charge.

Sometimes I quote higher than $15 a window. I come up with my price then round it up a bit. If a house has 15 windows thatā€™s $225 but depending on how busy I am or far it is I might round it up to $300.

But if thereā€™s a lot of windows like 40 or 50 then I donā€™t round it up too much.

every time i go thru on price increases i figure new price by evaluating these three: new price by inflation, by count and by avg time over several visits

of course you want all jobs to be above your ideal per hour on time

time is the reality of the job

count helps you to see if your formulas are getting you at or above the ideal hourly

inflation is reality if an inflation bump puts them above ideal per hour, good

2 Likes