About the new forum design

I really don’t like it. It is harder to navigate and the per-post loading is a waste of time when I’m trying to scroll quickly through a topic. I can’t see if a topic is new or someone just bumped a multi-year old topic.

It seems just bad. And I haven’t gotten used to it after the several months it has been out.

2 Likes

I’m with you the old version was way more fun and organize

1 Like

I haven’t been on here for too long, but I like the design. I constantly have questions that were answered years ago, and I wonder if the answers are still accurate. When someone uses an old topic post it keeps me from repeating a question no one wants to come back to. The “use the search box” reply doesn’t always hit the mark when it was back in 08. This helps.

I enjoy that the search box maintains my current questions while I look through posts. Im good over here!

I like it. Great for browsing on iphone. You can click the little blue box in bottom right and go to most recent posts without having to scroll. I love that when someone quotes a post it doesnt show the whole quoted post with their new post, which is a waste of space imo.

i think it’s a million times better. linking and uploading media is so easy now. quoting is easier. mobile is way better. navigation is easier.

the loss of the “like” counter seems to have killed some people’s enthusiasm though. haha.

4 Likes

Hi John - what do you mean by this?

It couldnt be simpler to scroll through an entire thread instantly: look in the lower right corner, you can jump to any spot. Look at the picture Im using here this is an example of a large thread.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear you’re giving it a chance. My admin settings show that you have viewed a total of 5 posts since the new platform has been in place.

3 Likes

I didn’t like it at first either but now I’m more used to it. Like anything else, the more you use it the easier it gets. I hated my first iPhone after switching from Android too. I actually cant remember the old forum layout that much but this one works as well or better.

1 Like

I like the clean look, and layout, but it won’t refresh on my iOS device, so I just log on with my computer.

Can you explain this a little further - I can suggest a way to help. thanks

I’m going to try removing the app and reloading it. I don’t use it much on my phone, so no biggie. There was one occasion I needed assistance while on the job though.

I only logged for the first time today. I didn’t like the new design so I was staying away.

Maybe it is just me but the layout gets screwed up a lot.

I can’t find it on the app store… strange.

It’s clean, it’s mobile friendly, it’s awesome

1 Like

Oh I see - the app has been shut down actually. You can just delete that. The browser version works really well ( on a phone )

I didn’t like it at first either , now I like a lot . I even forgot how the last one looked liked

1 Like

Like I said before, I miss having the signatures of members so you actually know who they are and where they are from, etc. Otherwise the new format is so much better.

1 Like