About the new forum design

Michael went dark long before the change in format.

2 Likes

This design is garbage. I just tried to create a new topic and it was impossible. I am on a iPhone with Safari for reference.

When I was filling in my post it kept popping up a blue box with a link to another post. I kept dismissing it. Then it popped up and there was no way to close it.

I tried using the format code buttons and it made my post disappear. It actually was scrolling me all over the screen. Every time I pressed a button it would hide the keyboard.

I ended up in a situation where I could barely see any of my post. I press the cancel button and what I assume was a dialog popped up asking to confirm I wanted to stop. But I could only see the button to press where I would keep editing. The other button was off screen.

I can’t be the only person having big issues like these on iPhone.

Iphone

1 Like

Im not sure - I cant replicate anything like what your describing. I post mainly from an Iphone.

Its really not. You just havent given it a chance.

3 Likes

Chris, I am giving it a chance. Stuff keeps bouncing all over. When I change my screen orientation it messes everything up. Like right now I want to scroll up and look at your posts but that is all gone. I only see this reply box now. I just opened the preview pane and all the posts appeared again.

I literally can not do any formatting with buttons. If I press the button I jump to a random location in the topic.

I am using an iPhone 9.2 with Safari.

What model Iphone - I want to try and duplicate it. 4, 5, 5s, 6, 6s, 6+ ?

thanks

iPhone 5s

I can tell that the forum is using a bunch of fancy code trying to optimize for mobile browsing. But it ends up being a lot worse than a normal website. I don’t experience issues this bad on any other website I visit.

At least some of the issues are probably that most of the time I browse websites in landscape mode rather than portrait.