Above Top rung ladder work (Pics)

You could report him to OSHA, just kidding,:smiley:

Getting him on here will be good, there are alot of habits that we develop and don’t realize how bad or how dangerous they are until we start talking to fellow window washers that have actually experienced the same scenarios we all go through day by day. Anybody can tell you ladders are dangerous, but you know a guy has been there and done that when he tells you that your bucket will snag on that stabilizer when you step back down off that top rung;)

That would be great, we could always use another WCer in the inland Northwest on here.

[COLOR=“darkgreen”][/COLOR] remember what mom used to say:
it’s real funny until someone gets hurt

Couldn’t think of a better thread to put this in.

Must be your friend’s cat, lol.

LOL - Exactly what I was thinking. Or maybe him in the life before…

I certainly wouldnt do that and any of my employees would get a bollocking for it but 20-30 years ago this was normal. I did this when I was younger and so did my dad when I first started. I was quite horrified when I asked my dad to give me a hand one day when I was short handed. ( this was after he had retired) to see him still clambering along window ledges. I stopped him and he seemed suprised when I told him not to do it that way. I suppose it is each to his own.

My only concern here, besides a general concern for people getting hurt, is that there are a lot of folks that come to this site to learn what to do and what not to do. Can’t always assume they know the difference, or that if they know the difference that they look at something like this and convince themselves, “If he can do this …” Sure, everyone is responsible for their own decisions and actions, and some are less so.

Eric

I find this thread and look at these pics every so often just to remind myself of how many incredibly skilled [B]IDIOTS[/B] there are in our industry.

LOL. Me too.

I did the same s@!t when I was in my early 20’s. I was lucky I never hurt myself. Hope he has the same luck!
Your duty to advise him not to work unprofessional.

Hes definitely had his share of luck. I sold him on wfp last year so i think he’ll be alright.

i knew someone once who put his hand in a bee hive thinking he would not get stung any way one day …

I’m sorry but that guy is a freeking window cleaning beast

I have a guy working for me that was trying to pull crap like that the first week he worked for me, he has years of chair experience and just is not scared. That guy needs to be careful for sure or he will make the obituaries in an untimely manner

Where’s Larry at when you need a good reply? C’mon Laczko, lets here it! lol

Ryan - This is a old (bumped) thread. Pretty sure Larry and everyone who saw it already gave their input.

Yea I got that now. LOL. I didn’t even catch that. I was thinking “Man this is some Deja Vu”. Sorry. Tony feel free to remove that post. Obsolete.

No worries Ryan. Sometimes old threads are brought back up and some are actually seeing it for the first time or missed it originally.

yeah first time seeing this thread. Very entertaining! Good pics Justin. Can’t say I’ve never done anything similar, hence the nickname my coworkers gave me years back. But anymore I always catch myself and say "It ain’t worth it…"
Hang in there Eric!