All you non-WFP guys

Who think WFP can’t do a good job… Are you still using flip phones as well?

Just couldn’t help myself…we did a job this week with WFP. First time we did it traditionally, and it took four hours. This time it took 2.5 hours.

$$$

Did you pull out your ladders to check and see if there were any left over bug spots or paint spatter? I am admittedly low tech, I only have the iPhone 4 and my Mac is only Dual Core.

I have a flip phone, what’s your point! :smiley: Non Data kind of guy. Several brand new wfps in garage that need to be used at the moment.

Don’t be so hard on yourself. With a little practice you’ll get the hang of it…
[Sent via Motorola Bag Phone]

Had to look that up- very funny!

Their wfp’s are equipped with HD video cameras, so they’re good… No ladders needed.

No need. We did in and out, so we could check everything from inside on that job. But even if we did out only, our technique is such that we get less touch-up calls for WFP than we do for traditional…and with way less training time and safety risks too.

[SIZE=3][FONT=arial][COLOR=#222222]I guess you could outfit your employees with Navy Seals helmets and replace the IR cams with auto-focus binoculars. But their necks probably hurt enough from looking up all day. What’s the average worker’s comp settlement for neck injury?[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Are you being serious, or does my sarcasm meter need recalibrating?

WFP’s are absolutely useless on first time cleans. Hell, even occasional cleans they’re no good. With that bein said, it’s a tool and I do use it… But it has severe limitations. Sometimes WFP can take far longer than traditional in my opinion. Nothing sucks worse than setting up the wfp just to find out it’s not working well and needs nose to glass.

My WFP comes out on large jobs, good size maintenance cleans, and awkward window placements. Otherwise nothing will clean as well and as quickly as traditional. Bug doo doo, oxidation, paint, etc can not be touched with wfp’s, and it would take 2-3x as long as if you just got your ladder out and quit being lazy :cool:

Being mainly residential, all new customers glass are far past the point of being able to pull out the wfp.

Does that mean I regret my wfp investment? Not at all, it’s a tool and it works well at what I believe it’s meant for.

I did a first time clean with wfp recently and the windows were very dirty/scummy. They turned out great. Pure water is an aggressive cleaner. Pre-soaking and lots of scrubbing are your friend.

[SIZE=6]FALSE!
[SIZE=2]Your technique needs a little improvement. The only thing I don’t WFP is construction clean up. I regularly do homes that have been neglected for 10 years and they turn out great.

I do agree that sometimes it’s faster by hand, but not that often for us.
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

What’s the work comp settlement for falling off a ladder?

I must have gotten lucky and gotten one of the only WFP in the world that allows you to use a razor blade. This is a senseless debate. WFP is better than traditional. Ask our margins and clients.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

Soap War, don’t we ever learn?

Momma loves some drama!:stuck_out_tongue:

A dirty window is not simply a dirty window, they’re not created equally and I’m sure any experienced window cleaner will agree. I never claimed WFP’s DON’T work, I simply said they work under very basic and IDEAL conditions. “Pre-soaking and lots of scrubbing” is not a selling point in my opinion.

My ‘technique’ does not need improvement, I have been using WFP’s for years… it’s not rocket science. There is hardly a ‘technique’ for WFPing. Let’s be honest, a 15 minute lesson and anyone can practically WFP.

So let me get this straight, if I can clean the glass traditionally 2x faster than you can WFP the same glass successfully (hopefully, since you can’t see it up close), you still find this a good thing? Mind you, I can guarantee I’ll have cleaned it better, without a doubt.

I don’t understand why it’s even an argument that traditional cleans better than WFP, it’s silly.

I don’t know about you, but cleaner glass + less time = a win in my book. The safety thing has nothing to do with what cleans better or faster, and dare I say that a ladder used properly is safe? I’m afraid of all the people that will jump up my back for this one. Be as safe as possible, of course that’s a top priority and no one is arguing that. But this has nothing to do with doing a professional job.

No one has mentioned how they remove bird doo doo, paint, or oxidation with a WFP. A razor blade on the back? Please, this is the clumsiest and most time consuming method ever. I’d have my ladder out, glass cleaned, and ladder put back far before hand.

EDIT: Again, as a reminder I am not bashing WFP’s, they’re awesome tools. Oh, and edit for some horrible grammar mistakes :stuck_out_tongue:

You said wfp is absolutely useless on first time cleans. I have a counter example.

If I have to pull out my wfp to test whether it will work on each job, that’s useless to me. Again, bug doo doo, oxidation, paint can not be touched with WFP’s without it taking far far longer than it would if I was nose to glass. I come across this on probably 90% of first time cleans, easily.

Another thing, I seriously questions whether geographical locations affect WFP usage. I’ve always wondered this, but out in these parts it just leaves behind far too much and the results are just subpar, imo.

Sorry for the edit, but… I like “bullet points.”[INDENT=2]

[/INDENT]
That about sums it up, for me.