Already gave up

And I price on just a solo, part time operations for now. I still have to drag myself to a fulltime job at night. So my price is the way it is because I am not trying to live off one income. And some of it is because a lot of the store front jobs I have are just a mom & pop store and knowing that their over head is pretty much zero.

1 Like

:thinking:

What do you think overhead as a business term means?

2 Likes

How much they can spend on extras. Such as janitorial, advertising, window cleaning.

Overhead is defined as a fixed cost of doing business, such as gas for the vehicle, rent for the store unit, or purchase of necessary consumable supplies.

Zero overhead would mean it costs nothing to run the business.

7 Likes

Thanks for the correction

3 Likes

this Doesn’t make sense to me personally. why not make a part time gig worth your while? if i have another demanding job when im not on regular job i want others to be lucrative.

I never try to think in terms of what I’D be willing to pay at the end of the day you haven’t a clue what their overhead is.

when we get beyond our preconceived notions alot can really happen for us in a huge positive way.

i personally dont want to think in terms of $2,$5 or $20’s but rather the $1,000’s

3 Likes

I have to agree with this comment. Even if you have to start out PT in the business, you should be pricing like you are full time. If you ever plan on going full time, how do you think your client list will react to a pretty fair price INCREASE?

I again will say, I don’t care what you price at. But if you plan to ever get to full time self employment, you have to do things right. I have a feeling according to your comments, that you might be cutting prices to get work. Why would you need to at this point? IF you are cutting your prices, IMO, you aren’t doing yourself any favors down the road.

1 Like

Part time until the demand takes it to fulltime, bills still march in every month so I need more of a platform to land on then just a handfulI of accounts. I can only imagine what their overhead truly is but with all respect my comment on overhead was more about cleaning a facility than gas, what the lease is every month, and every tax they have to pay on.

Not going to argue on a storefront with 2 pices of glass, a door, and four mirrors. The price works for me. More glass and a different atmosphere rather than a salon? More price because of the foot traffic that’s in and out the front door. You say 30? I agree on 25. There’s other accounts in the area to not cut prices that’s on the same day. Other wise I wouldn’t take on such a account. So it’s funny how you say I am not looking down the road

I agree to quote what is fair for you not what someone else thinks is. By the way…Where are the mirrors??

The mirrors are there at each station they have, plus one out in there little lobby

OK. Thanks for that. What threw me was you saying the other guy did outside only. Did you get his name? If not you can trace him from the fingerprints…

2 Likes

If you can’t get around the “we have a contract with our current company” objection when the owner is:

(took you since August to seal the deal) Face it, You might be a part timer for a while. Keep on with the dabbling, We are out here eating your lunch for ya… Can’t believe I been so busy to miss this gem of a thread! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words. In your wisdom doing a follow up two weeks after and a month afterwards still wasn’t enough? She had my bid, I can’t sit around and wait for a yes or no while building up something that has my name on it, not anyone else’s. Enjoy your lunch next time around

Can’t fix stupid dude. She wasn’t happy but still broke out the checkbook every month? Greener pastures elsewhere. On the flip side, sign her up for a few years, she’ll never leave ya.

1 Like

Not too bad for $25. No inside mirror shots, they had people who didn’t want their picture taken. She even said thanks for taking care of the frames, the previous cleaners never did anything to shine them up

2 Likes

Nice work!

1 Like

Thank you. The owner was so happy she went with someone else. I even handed out a couple business cards while I was there

3 Likes

So are they on scheduled service plan now?

1 Like

Yes sir. Once a month along with 4 other current accounts in the area. Got a like the residual income.

3 Likes