Alternatives to hip-clip?

So, I’m fed up with the chintzy hip-clip and decided I need a new system for holding my towels. What would you guys say is the best holder you’ve used? My ideal towel holder needs to be easy-to-use, fast, durable, hold the towel securely, and preferably small.

The hip clip is fairly easy-to-use, pretty fast, not small but not huge, frequently drops the towels, and is not at all durable. The way you attach it to your belt is really annoying too. If you just clip it on, it keeps coming off. But the more permanent system is very inconvenient.

I feel like the popular hammer loop idea fails for sure in the small category (I have a cool tool belt hook from Lowe’s that even swivels, but it still juts out) and I question how well it holds onto the towel. There’s nothing more annoying than reaching the top of the ladder only to discover your scrim is on the ground.

I’m considering maybe the bullring? Open to more ideas though.

2 Likes

I’ve tried different approaches but always reverted back to using my back pocket for detail rag. It’s quick and easy.

1 Like

The one on the left is a heavy duty retractable key holder…

Been using it for a couple of years now…grab, detail, drop…winds back to your hip every time…

4 Likes

ladies bracelet works for me

2 Likes

The Zac tool is basically a harder hip clip. They’ve got different ones but this is the one I was looking at.

1 Like

This
Dangerous Dave’s Bull Ring

6 Likes

Suspenders, tucked behind one strap.

4 Likes

Bullring for scrim.

I’ve got a spare if you want it

4 Likes

I got you. 59 cents @ home depot. Gotta hog out the hole on one side to get a tiny round head bolt through it. Couple washers and your set. These have lasted me 18 months now. Format on my picture is messed up just click it.

3 Likes

I just tuck my towels in my belt.

4 Likes

It is so hot and humid here where I live that if I tuck it in my belt it becomes soaked in sweat.
(P.S. I never work in jeans unless we have that one week of winter. ;-))

4 Likes

I keep them in my belt pouch. You could also try the Unger Ergotec Tool Belt. It has sown in loops the are adjustable. It’s worked for me in the past.

1 Like

I use a hammer holder.

You have no idea how humid it can be here

1 Like

The towel viper seems like a good product tho. I use it on my wfp pouch

3 Likes

Thanks for all the sweet ideas guys!

I cant tell what we are looking at in the picture. What is it ?

That’s what I normally do to.

The towel viper is very durable, just take few moments to get use too.

Is that at WCR? I haven’t seen it anywhere. And I agree. The Midwest can be miserable in the summer.

1 Like