Always complaining about the price

I started going up on all my clients about 3 years ago. It is only 4% a year. This client always complains about the price increase. Last year I told her I can start cleaning in/out only once a year to save her some money. Then 6 months later I will only clean the outside. On Monday I will be cleaning in/out. I know she is going to complain again. I am tired of hearing her complain. Last year in April she told me that her neighbor uses a window cleaner that is a lot cheaper than me. And she might have to start using him. That is when I offered to start cleaning in/out once a year to save her some money. I am so tempted to tell her to start using him.
What would you do?

Put the blinders on, an don’t worry about it
Once you realize one customer isn’t going to make you or break you this stuff won’t bother you as much any more.

Ya it’s annoying but … What are ya going to do. Some people just need to complain let them , an go on.

I messed up yesterday. Handed a 7-11 I clean the bill an he starts saying "what did the price go up " ( an it didn’t ). He just wanted to hear himself , dummy me says no never for you.
What the hell was I thinking sometimes stupid shit flies out of my mouth. Lol. Oh well

7 Likes

I would just keep doing the job until she fires you. Ignore the whining. Nothing wrong with losing a job because your price is too high for the customer.

Sounds like things are perfect on your end. Price them to where it hurts, but not bad enough to drop you.

10 Likes

@windowsrx

I like Caleb’s advice.

Quality ain’t cheap. If it was Mcdonalds would be serving sirloin burgers with Grey Poupon mustard, steak fries freshly cut to order, and wine to go with each meal.

1 Like

I get the meaning…but seriously, have you
ever tried to drop a bad habit? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep. I call her my ex-wife. :wink:

6 Likes

Took me five tries to quit a two-pack a day habit, but I did it 32 years ago and never looked back.

5 Likes

You are right. Thanks for the advice! I know I could replace her, but I would rather not have to add a new client.

The new one might not complain…and perhaps tip! :wink:

2 Likes

Hey Caleb. This is Chad with Provost Services. I had to change my screen name when they switched over to the new platform. Thanks for the advice! I will just let the complaining go in one ear and out the other.

You guys always know what to say! I was going to tell her to use the other window cleaner. Lol
Who knows, she might have told me about the cheaper window cleaner her neighbor uses…and in actuality he doesn’t exist. Just to see if I would never go up 4% each year on her

3 Likes

I have thought about that as well. I did that one time to drop someone off my schedule. It worked great!

I agree. That is why I like this forum so much! Everyone is here to help each other

2 Likes

I really think the supposedly cheaper window cleaner the neighbor uses doesn’t exist. I could be wrong

1 Like

what’s the point of having the waiting list if you never get to use it??

1 Like

Chad is the type of guy you would want cleaning your grandmothers house if she lived In Louisiana

It’s just that dam 4% raise that would piss gramma off every year …lol.

I could see the phone call " Michael that Chas is a nice fellow . I make him alligator stew every time he comes , an he still raised my price though ".

"Alright grams I’ll have a talk him about this "

Hey Chad do you know who Louisiana lighting is ??

3 Likes

Have you ever looked at the neighbors house and priced the job. Perhaps it’s just cheaper to clean, less Windows.

1 Like