Any Luck with Free Websites?

To you and NJones…it’s really awesome to be able to get these two different perspectives. This is where I’m pretty unsure about what to do. The guys who have helped me out around here don’t even have websites and they are so covered up that they are sending work to me, so I’m not really sure if I should get one or not.
I do a ton of volunteer work and I only want to work 2-3 days a week. Not trying to build a million dollar empire, just wanting to enjoy my life, so I’m hoping that my dtd sales and referrals will be sufficient.
NJones, please know that if I end up doing a website, I will be greatly indebted to you for your helpful suggestions!
ProWindowCleaning, $120 a year really doesn’t seem bad at all, so you’re saying it’s well worth it? Who do you use? (Who does your money go to?)

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

I bought my domain, www.prowindowcleaningmass.com, from go daddy… I got the super basic package with business emails for $120. I have to do all the website creation and seo. The templates they have were good for the money I paid. It’s just a recurring expense each year of $120… It does exactly what I want and need it to. I have no complaints from my end, aside from wishing I had more time to make the site look better.

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

Thats what winter is for! Dont wish that on us yet

I hear a lot about godaddy, sounds like a pretty good company. Any suggestions on where I can learn how to take care of the SEO?

They have little tutorials, pretty simple and easy to do yourself. It’s nothing fancy anything I did or tried to do though, I’m sure it gets very complicated and time consuming.

I heard not so good reviews about godaddy, but I wanted to try it out and do the site myself and the price fit my winter budget. Not to mention I did have the downtime to learn something new so I said why not and went for it

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

Cool. Thank for the help!

WEEBLY

you can check out my website to get a feel for the layout. They have different themes and layouts, easy to use and fun to build

WWWABSERVLLCCOM

Your website is not in the first 100 results on Google for “window cleaning in franklin WI”

… and your stock photo for a Milwaukee company is the Manhattan skyline.

Not trying to pick on you, I’m just trying to show you why you shouldn’t use Weebly/Wix/Web.com

I like the skyline, u can upload your own and ive had no issues.

Depends on the market Chris. I made a website for a buddy using weebly and he is on the first page.

To clarify, it is the pro version and not he free version

Any system that uses a “sitebuilder” interface is BAD - its extremely limited, usually not mobile responsive and because of the bloated code its usually very hard to get decent google rankings.

A note on google rankings - - Google tailors the search results you see based on your previous searches & your browsing history, this means that most people see artificially boosted rankings for their own sites & believe their website ranks much higher than it actually does.

To see how your site really ranks you need to use a tool like this one: GOOGLE POSITION CHECKER » Google keyword ranking checker.

Thanks for all this knowlage Nate appreciate it .

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

I havnt met jfromthed , but I would bet he is definetly not a punk.
I would bet my Wfp in it, and I bought that after my website . Oh no I didn’t I had to I’m sorry. Jk :slight_smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

Thanks for the info!

I use 1&1 for one of our sites- wish I had known about them ages ago- easier and more affordable than GoDaddy, imo. They’ve currently got a deal going for 99¢/month (real) hosting, “optimized for WordPress” (apparently it’s preinstalled, with an extra feature or two):
WordPress Blog Hosting – 1&1

Cool. Thanks for letting me know about that!

Yeah, me too, I’m sure.
I actually expected to get beat up by the forum in general, as my original post was more of a knock at ourselves as a whole.

Something I realized a while back:
For every douchbag, there is about 10 seriously SOLID, fantastic guys here.
I guess the trick is, over time you weed out the former from the latter… and the latter will/may simply piss you off from time to time.
But THEY are still solid, fantastic guys.

• hope that makes sense!

Does make sense! Peace bro! And may all your glass be hydrophilic.

yeah what ever man…:wink: