Any successful and profitable side business for the winter?

How many points do I get for that?

Maybe something was taken wrong. I meant to back your input.

I may have misinterpreted that after our last convo on the subject. Apologies.

didnt ben use mr squeegee and get banned once for it?

ah wait, nevermind, ben is down in georgia…

that might get a little weird :slight_smile:

I just thought maybe you would want your name to mean something. I could take it and build an enormous east coast window cleaning… oh wait… Well, I could take it and make an awesome w/c supply store and forum… oh wait… Ok, you keep it.

Holiday Lights. Do it long enough and you’ll be installing lights in October and doing your last rush install around the 17-19 of Dec. Then you don’t have to worry about 1/2-3/4 of Jan cause you get to take them all down.

I did a google search on winter businesses and year round business ideas. Christmas lighting must have come up on at least a dozen sights. Just thought it was interesting.

Look into upholstery cleaning. At least some marketing involved though. Low overhead and start up.

I am new, i am in suburban detroit. My name is Jamie.

that would be fine. I do not want people to have a chip on their shoulder or a grudge etc.

No problem, please don’t take offense, it was nothing of your doing.

Air Duct Leakage Tester by Air-Care and duct cleaning to check out peoples hvac efficiency. That would be interesting.

This seems like it might be pricey. What’s it cost?

They say 3k to 15k. To start up depending on what you want to do.

… Definitely depends on what you want to do. Tile and grout cleaning can be done with hand tools, a floor scrubber and wet vac.
Nothing fancy needed. Same as carpet and upholstery cleaning, they can be done with portable machines, expensive truckmounts arent needed to do a good job. Most fancy equipment doesn’t improve quality, only the speed.

… I have little to no work in Feb and a week or so in March and again in July and a week or so in August. My approach is to be as busy as possible when the work is coming so I don’t need to work in those dead months. I go to Europe with my band in July (www.shriblues.com) and I go on a two week retreat in Feb.

There is allways hard surface cleaning. Tile and grout etc. Start up under $4000 prob. The start up and marketing hurt. With that you do mostly walk ins if ya want and just run phone book.